Page 18 of 18

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 16 Apr 2019 22:55
by chue
theq wrote: 11 Mar 2019 16:50 Here is my TF534 BOM from Digikey. Since I'm totally fresh to this, and not been able to watch all of TerribleFire's YouTube videos, I'm not 100% sure which oscillator to pick. Therefore there are 3 to choose from in this BOM. Pick the one you need. :)

If you do see anything that could have been chosen differently, please tell. There more we share the better. :ugeek:
There's a correction that needs to be done for this BOM. For "Index 4", the caps in the BOM are too small (0201). They should be 0603. Here's the Digikey part that I am going to order:

399-15351-1-ND

I have enough trouble soldering 1206 sized caps, much less 0201s. When I saw them I knew there was a mistake :)

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 17 Apr 2019 11:26
by theq
Yeah, good find. I discovered this too. Was a noob metric/retard unit mistake. :roll:
0603 metric is 0201 imperial. And this was supposed to be 0603 imperial...

Sorry about this. :)

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 19 Apr 2019 22:41
by chue
Has anyone soldered on the SPI flash chip yet?

I tried the one from theq's BOM and it seems a bit wide. I also searched Digikey using the part number from GitHub "SST26VF016B" and all I get are 16 MB parts, not 32 MB as per the parts list.

So at this point, I'm not really sure what the right part is.

WIN_20190419_16_35_24_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190419_16_35_24_Pro.jpg (197.73 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
!Message from: Moderator
@chue, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 19 Apr 2019 23:24
by 8 Bit Dreams
this BOM is screwed up. Flash chip You need is SST26VF016B
just like mentioned in BOM on Github
https://github.com/terriblefire/tf534
DigiKey Nr: SST26VF016B-104I/SN-ND

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 20 Apr 2019 17:05
by chue
Thanks, I will order that next time I need something from Digikey. The BOM was quite useful, just a couple of mistakes on there.

Attached is an updated BOM, which has fixes for the 0.1 uF caps and the SPI Flash

TF534 BOM.zip
(8.83 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
!Message from: Moderator
@chue, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Posted: 20 Apr 2019 19:27
by theq
chue wrote: 20 Apr 2019 17:05 Thanks, I will order that next time I need something from Digikey. The BOM was quite useful, just a couple of mistakes on there.

Attached is an updated BOM, which has fixes for the 0.1 uF caps and the SPI Flash
Great job for sharing the love! <3 :)
And yeah, the SPI was wrong. Shouldn't have added it in the first place since it wasn't supported at the time. But to be fair the original BOM mentioned a 32MB SPI Flash. It got updated/changed just after I posted my "screwed up" BOM. :P