Page 159 of 337

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 16:00
by exxos
They don't give you much bodgeroom space on these boards :roll:

IMG_7092.JPG
IMG_7092.JPG (281.7 KiB) Viewed 3142 times


So the ripple is about 10mV now pretty impressive!

IMG_7093.JPG
IMG_7093.JPG (269.47 KiB) Viewed 3142 times

Spikes are not actually noise on the circuit, up interference somewhere else in my room. It is almost impossible to do these measurements accurately unless you're in a totally "silent" room.


This is with the power supply turned off for example..

IMG_7094.JPG
IMG_7094.JPG (269.33 KiB) Viewed 3142 times

Probably needs a little bit more capacitance on the output but overall this chip looked pretty impressive so far!

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 17:39
by exxos
Does anyone know why this consistently happens in every corner ?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (104.72 KiB) Viewed 3138 times

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 17:43
by PhilC
Belt too tight pulling it off course as it slows down?

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 18:29
by exxos
PhilC wrote: 11 Oct 2021 17:43 Belt too tight pulling it off course as it slows down?
Will slack off X as see if anything changes..

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 18:41
by exxos
exxos wrote: 11 Oct 2021 18:29
PhilC wrote: 11 Oct 2021 17:43 Belt too tight pulling it off course as it slows down?
Will slack off X as see if anything changes..
Nope, X & Y pretty loose now and still exactly the same..

Oddly tightening up the X now seems to be creating gaps in between each pass now :roll: I guess I will have to go recalibrate it again :roll:

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 19:22
by PhilC
@exxos ok, another look. It looks to be showing down extrusion at the end of the runs before it changes direction. There is a setting where you can stop extrusion early, not that I can remember what or where it is

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 19:28
by exxos
PhilC wrote: 11 Oct 2021 19:22 @exxos ok, another look. It looks to be showing down extrusion at the end of the runs before it changes direction. There is a setting where you can stop extrusion early, not that I can remember what or where it is
There is, but its all turned off.

Saying that try "extra restart" distance see that does anything.

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 19:39
by exxos
0.4mm extra restart seems to solve the problem, but gives a little blob..

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (134.58 KiB) Viewed 3114 times

Trying 0.2mm now..

That little blob is almost completely gone and there is like there was before on the corners.. Odd..

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 11 Oct 2021 22:05
by exxos
So this has also been driving me nuts...

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.56 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
IMG_7095.JPG
IMG_7095.JPG (143.17 KiB) Viewed 3102 times

When it does that diagonal infill is to put twice as much down as it is supposed to. The perimeter overlap is only set at 8%, and I am actually starting to get gaps. I do not think this is actually infill as such because altering the percentage or width with does not ever change anything on this first layer.

Re: exxos blog - random goings on

Posted: 12 Oct 2021 16:09
by exxos
After much more messing about the gap which was shown in this post Seem to be down to a new feature I just found "linear advance". By default my printer was set at 0.2. So I tried it at 0.1 and those gaps disappeared. I have since lowered it to 0.04.

I have also lowered the extrusion rate down to 93%. Despite everything been calibrated properly, I really question if the software is processing these values correctly.