agranlund wrote: 11 Feb 2026 13:25
Also.. your talks of dx2 really makes me want to build one :)
For some MS-DOS and Windows 3.1 fun!
Blasphemy!!
I guess, coming to PCs late. (I got a samsung laptop in 1996, and built a P200MMX in 1998, with Voodoo II eventually!)
I never really got nostalgic for early (non-3D) PC gaming the way other people do.
Anything before vga and soundblaster just ran better elsewhere. (eg Amiga :P )
And, EGA stuff ... looked worse than the ST :D
It's big, bulky, slow and ... ???
I was quite interested in the tiny Llama project for a bit, but, even then, it's just a single board computer, on a breakout box.
Little different to a raspberry pi and dosbox ... (Well. No, not true. It's a lot different, but, still just ... a crappy DOS PC :P )
I'm sure people will lynch me for such an opinion :P
Coming from the ST, and seeing the Amiga, then Super Nintendo...
We got Sonic and Super mario world in 1991? '92? 8 channel stereo sound with 256 colour graphics for $300.
PCs seemed very clunky at the time.
And nowhere near the Amiga, especially in terms of sound and graphics.
But, well, Soundblaster, and eventually 3DFX changed all that, didn't they...
How about, one of those ISA cards with a 486 on it??
Integrate it into the Raven...
Something like the Bridgeboards, on the Amiga...
Now, *there* is some fun :D