Page 14 of 14

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 10 Oct 2026 15:44
by alexh
Have the prices of Falcon chipsets been affected by the reFalcon project yet? Last time I looked :

Combel (C302284) $45
Videl (C302829) $45
DSP (C303002) $45
SDMA (C302996) $45
SCSI (C302897) $45
Codec (C303170) $40
GALS $100

And that's only about half the chipset, you've got the ST chips YM, LMC, MFP etc

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 10 Oct 2026 16:44
by exxos
Expensive yeah.. I've been down that road before with people. They just keep throwing cash at the thing but eventually I just decline to work on it after awhile. Things fast turn into a money pit and I don't like taking people's money if it's not getting any results. If the main chips have to be replaced, I'd probably not want to spend the time on it at that point.

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 10 Oct 2026 19:06
by Steve
alexh wrote: 10 Oct 2026 15:44 Have the prices of Falcon chipsets been affected by the reFalcon project yet? Last time I looked :
Last time I checked a few years ago they were those prices, so it seems they haven't changed.