Page 121 of 167
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 13 Oct 2025 18:12
by LarryL
redpixel wrote: 13 Oct 2025 17:13
Good luck with the build! Let me know if you have any PCB's (or for that matter components) left over, I'd be interested in buying them. I'm also very tempted to build a Raven! But it feels stupid to buy all PCB's by myself when there's often a minimum quantity when ordering. :)
Thanks!
I might have exactly one set available - most probably.
Waiting for another colleague who’s still thinking about it - but he might say no.
Just started the Mainboard production at JLCPCB with most of the SMD parts pre-assembled (only the MAX3245, the XR68, the 16245, the 24MHz OSC and the 1N914 have to be added - and of course all the THT parts). The CKBDs are already fully assembled. the other PCBs (SIMM, PLCC-ROM, programmer, IDEswap) are blank.
All PCB are black, of course :-)
I am traveling the rest of the week, so let’s catch up next week - then I should know if the set will be available
Cheers
Michael
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 13 Oct 2025 19:36
by redpixel
LarryL wrote: 13 Oct 2025 18:12
I am traveling the rest of the week, so let’s catch up next week - then I should know if the set will be available
Sounds great, thanks a lot! :)
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 16 Oct 2025 13:00
by danboid
I've never seen so many caps crammed into such a small area. Doesn't look healthy to me.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 16 Oct 2025 13:08
by danboid
How many Ravens have been fully built now?
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 20 Oct 2025 13:45
by PhilC
@agranlund finally got my new programming laptop set up and I can confirm it's Nessi_250714.jed that won't work in my Raven.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 20 Oct 2025 17:39
by agranlund
PhilC wrote: 20 Oct 2025 13:45
@agranlund finally got my new programming laptop set up and I can confirm it's Nessi_250714.jed that won't work in my Raven.
Thanks, in that case I should probably revert those changes if they aren't ready for general use.
They were for getting different cf-cards working other than the "Kingston Canvas Focus" model that I had been using.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 20 Oct 2025 20:10
by LarryL
Hi,
Just a quick question „in between“…
I have build a few CKBDs
Since I have to wait a little more until my Raven boards and components arrive, I wanted to test the CKBD boards
I simply used an external Eiffel board, replaced the Atmega with the programmed CKBD board and connected it to my TT
Worked pretty well, I.e. USB-Mouse & -Keyboard works, as well as Joysticks on both ports.
The only issue is, that mouse movement is not smooth at all - it is somehow trembling (not sure if this is the right English term, sorry)
Did anybody else tested the CKBD outside the Raven?
Cheers
Michael
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 21 Oct 2025 08:25
by agranlund
danboid wrote: 16 Oct 2025 13:08
How many Ravens have been fully built now?
I think maybe 12 in various stages but unsure if all are fully up and running?
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 21 Oct 2025 08:48
by LarryL
agranlund wrote: 21 Oct 2025 08:25
danboid wrote: 16 Oct 2025 13:08
How many Ravens have been fully built now?
I think maybe 12 in various stages but unsure if all are fully up and running?
expect 5 more until end of 2025 :D
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 21 Oct 2025 14:29
by PhilC
As mentioned by PM, I'm hoping I've fixed my GD5434 issue but will need to do more testing.
Just done the filtrate Weston the card ran with 80mhz MCLK and prepare for more daft figures :lol:

- 17610533868162868858644514630195.jpg (290.09 KiB) Viewed 566 times

- 176105347119190269651213014805.jpg (412.55 KiB) Viewed 566 times