Page 12 of 61

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 22:59
by exxos
rpineau wrote: 02 Feb 2018 22:17 tested on both STE and MSTE
:bravo:

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 22:24
by exxos
Tiny update.. PCB's finally arrived :thumbup: Need to do a order to mouser and get the ATF chip and some other bits next...

sec-pcb.jpg
sec-pcb.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 8403 times

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 06 Mar 2018 18:52
by exxos
Small update.. Parts now ordered for this.. I'm going to ship the three boards and parts to a place in the UK for assembly as I just do not have time to do it. So hopefully in a few days time I can get the boards back and actually start working on the firmware.

Just as a re-cap, this board is the 68SEC000 test board, so I can see what the maximum speed of the CPU is. I am hoping to get it running at 50-64Mhz.

Even if the CPU cannot manage much more than the 68HC000 PLCC CPU, I will likely still use the SEC simply due to it is smaller, and a proper SMT package. With all the problems I am having with sockets, I have no choice but to move to a direct soldered part anyway. So moving to the 68SEC000 CPU is basically a good move anyway.

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 11 May 2018 19:58
by exxos
PCBs finally arrived... next to find time to finish firmware and test it.. but likely will finish the plug in STE booster first...

sec1.jpg
sec1.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 8094 times
sec2.jpg
sec2.jpg (73.29 KiB) Viewed 8094 times

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 12:46
by exxos
Finally cleared my table.. Now to work on the firmware..

IMG_2728.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG (184.39 KiB) Viewed 8029 times

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 19:19
by exxos
So something amiss, anyone any ideas whats going on here ?

:shrug:

dma.jpg
dma.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 8016 times

EDIT:

I tried removing AVEC from my code just to see what happens, and diag-cart says autovector error.. so that much be working... but still no idea whats going on with the DMA errors unless some sort of bus grant issue :shrug:

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 19:34
by rpineau
$FFFFFC00 and $FFFFFC02 are adresses for Keyboard ACIA .. so there might be something going on with VPA/VMA there.
The 2 other one are code on the cartridge port.

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 19:55
by exxos
Its odd, because I see activity on VMA, but not VPA or AVEC ... but VMA shouldn't go low without VPA being low to start with ?!

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 21:08
by rpineau
Is the E clock running properly ?
AVEC should definitely do something on interrupt from the keyboard. But if we can't write to the ACIA it probably doesn't trigger interrupt yet.
So it's really around VMA/VPA

Re: V2.5 BOOSTER CURRENT PROTOTYPE STATUS

Posted: 21 May 2018 21:22
by exxos
rpineau wrote: 21 May 2018 21:08 Is the E clock running properly ?
Looks good on scope..


rpineau wrote: 21 May 2018 21:08 AVEC should definitely do something on interrupt from the keyboard. But if we can't write to the ACIA it probably doesn't trigger interrupt yet.
So it's really around VMA/VPA
No idea, I keep trying things, but no luck..

If I keep pressing reset, I see VMA pulse low.. though I half recall it does pulse more than VPA.. will have to re-read my notes tomorrow..

VPA I have trouble seeing any pulses.. but thats generated from GLUE anyway...

I don't get why diag-cart says DMA time out.. has nothing to do with CPU really :roll: