Best match I can find..
AI extracts info..
Alco A203 switch family: published ratings (for reference)
Several people have asked what the switch in the CT60PSU is rated for. I haven't yet been able to read the exact markings on the switch from the unit, so I can't say which variant it is. For now, this is what the manufacturer's literature says about the A203 family. Nothing here is a conclusion about the cause of the failure.
Source
TE Connectivity / Alco "Gemini Series Switches Quick Reference Guide" (April 2011, Farnell 1491719). This is a short quick reference, not a full datasheet. TE state that dimensions are for reference only and to consult them for current specifications.
Contact ratings (maximum, as listed)
- Gold: 0.4VA @ 20V AC or DC
- Gold over silver: 5A @ 125VAC or 28VDC resistive, or 0.4VA @ 20V, or 2A @ 250VAC resistive
- Silver: 5A @ 125VAC or 28VDC resistive
Other electrical figures
- Electrical life: 6,000 cycles
- Contact resistance: 10 milliohms max (2 to 4VDC, 100mA)
- Insulation resistance: 1,000 megohms
- Dielectric strength: 1,000Vrms at sea level
- Break-before-make contact timing
- Actuator travel: 22 degrees (D and E function), 18 degrees (F and G function)
- Operating and storage temperature: -30 to +85C
Materials (as listed)
- Contacts: B = gold over nickel, G = gold over silver, Q = silver
- Actuator and bushing: brass, nickel plated
- Case: thermoplastic
- Internal actuator: phenolic
- Spring: music wire
- Support bracket: brass, tin plated
- Seal: epoxy
- G and Q contacts are listed as UL recognised
Rocker / paddle ON-OFF-ON examples from the guide
- A203J51ZQ0004 (TE 2-1571987-6)
- A203J61ZQ0004 (TE 2-1571987-7)
Both are double pole, ON-OFF-ON, snap-in with frame, wire lug terminals, silver contacts.
Reading the part number: A = rocker/paddle, 2 = double pole, 03 = ON-OFF-ON, J1/J51/J61 = actuator style, Z = wire lug, Q = silver contacts, 04 = RoHS.
A similar vintage listing
A UK parts seller lists a "Vintage Alco Switch DPDT Rocker Switch On/Off/On" (part 069-231), six terminals, rated 5A @ 125VAC and 2A @ 250VAC. It has no datasheet. An eBay listing with the title "Alco Switch A203 2 amp @ 250VAC 5 amp @ 125VAC Japan" appears to be the same rating.
Things to bear in mind
- All the ratings above are resistive ratings. The guide gives no inductive or capacitive rating, and none for the inrush of a switch-mode supply.
- In this table the silver-contact (Q) version is listed at 125VAC. The 250VAC figure appears only under gold over silver. I'm not yet sure which variant was fitted, so I'm not drawing any conclusion about 230V use.
- The 2011 guide may not match the older or Japanese-made parts that were sold under the same family name.
- I could not confirm the "TE 2267079-5" part number mentioned earlier in the thread. The 2267079-2 I found is a different subminiature toggle (3A / 125VAC).
What is still unknown
- The exact variant and markings on the switch from this unit
- Whether it was a Q (silver) or G (gold over silver) type
- How it behaves with the inrush of the supply it was switching
I'll update this once I've read the markings on the switch itself.