Page 11 of 14

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 27 Oct 2024 10:48
by HigashiJun
@rubber_jonnie

Definitely worth checking.

Just hope mine is OK as I really don't have too much time for all my other projects still in stand-by.

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 27 Oct 2024 12:03
by rubber_jonnie
HigashiJun wrote: 27 Oct 2024 10:48 @rubber_jonnie

Definitely worth checking.

Just hope mine is OK as I really don't have too much time for all my other projects still in stand-by.
I feel ya, especially with all my projects too.

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 31 Dec 2024 06:28
by HigashiJun
Everybody was out today morning, so I managed to fit the Xellent30 booster in my X68000 XVI.

X68a.JPG
X68a.JPG (469.21 KiB) Viewed 949 times

The motherboard was quite a PITA to remove. You have to be very careful not to break something.

x68b.JPG
x68b.JPG (323.02 KiB) Viewed 949 times

Just in case, the bottom of the Xellent30 is insulated.

I have also removed the pull-up resistor since MMU only causes issue with NetBSD and the X window system.

x68c.JPG
x68c.JPG (225.11 KiB) Viewed 949 times

Looks quite empty here...

x68d.JPG
x68d.JPG (488.3 KiB) Viewed 949 times

The Xellent30 fitted on the motherboard.

x68e.JPG
x68e.JPG (288.16 KiB) Viewed 949 times

The motherboard is back in the case now. As you can see, the RF shield has to be completely removed.

x68f.JPG
x68f.JPG (282.56 KiB) Viewed 949 times

And since there was no smoke, I consider the mission complete. :lol:

Now time to install all the necessary software for the Xellent30.

Stay tuned !

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 31 Dec 2024 10:01
by rubber_jonnie
Nice work, looking good.

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 31 Dec 2024 10:14
by HigashiJun
Thank you !

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 31 Dec 2024 11:30
by stephen_usher
:dualthumbup:

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 07 Jan 2025 10:00
by HigashiJun
And here we go:

Test.JPG
Test.JPG (336.05 KiB) Viewed 885 times
First, a test to check the Xellent30. Everything is OK !

Boot.JPG
Boot.JPG (225.68 KiB) Viewed 885 times
The boot screen I get after a Reset.

Perfs.JPG
Perfs.JPG (326.65 KiB) Viewed 885 times
And the perfs at 33MHz.

Now time to turn the Data Cache on...

:D

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 07 Jan 2025 10:06
by rubber_jonnie
It's got all the toys now :)

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 07 Jan 2025 10:11
by HigashiJun
Indeed it has !

I can now consider this project finished.

8-)

Re: Sharp X68000 XVI inbound (tomorrow...)

Posted: 07 Jan 2025 10:21
by rubber_jonnie
HigashiJun wrote: 07 Jan 2025 10:11 Indeed it has !

I can now consider this project finished.

8-)
Fantastic! Great machine and one I'd love to get, but not so easy or cheap in the UK.