Page 2 of 2

Re: Mega ST Hard drive mount

Posted: 12 Jan 2024 11:15
by atari030
I think I have a solution. A plastic 3.5" to 5.25" floppy bracket. Drill four holes, add four 1cm bushes and that should work. Its bloody tight though. Basically the same way the floppy drive is mounted. Now to find some bushes the right size.....

31oXFzTUo1S._AC_[1].jpg
31oXFzTUo1S._AC_[1].jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
!Message from: Moderator
@atari030, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.

Re: Mega ST Hard drive mount

Posted: 12 Jan 2024 16:59
by frank.lukas
I still had an ICD box from a micro adapter and this sheet metal was included I think. No idea how it fit ?

ICD_Blech.jpg
ICD_Blech.jpg (747 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

Re: Mega ST Hard drive mount

Posted: 12 Jan 2024 21:35
by atari030
Thanks Frank, this is sort of what I'm planning on. That plate would work the same way, it would use bushings. The screw holes match. I might just recreate it with ABS sheet.

Re: Mega ST Hard drive mount

Posted: 13 Jan 2024 05:09
by atari030
Well ABS was too flexible so I went with a ply sheet and some Supermicro standoffs. Works a treat.

416986102_1025930505148253_2862593647212498171_n.jpg
416986102_1025930505148253_2862593647212498171_n.jpg (301.62 KiB) Viewed 2956 times