Page 2 of 3
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 12 Jan 2021 16:18
by Steve
I have a feeling this poor drive has seen better days, it makes sounds like it's trying to dial-up to SCSI heaven:
Although it did show up as detected once, I haven't able to get it detected again since:

- PXL_20210112_154913150.jpg (406.7 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 12 Jan 2021 16:23
by exxos
Steve wrote: 12 Jan 2021 16:18
I have a feeling this poor drive has seen better days, it makes sounds like it's trying to dial-up to SCSI heaven:
wow, is the motor actually running ? Kinda sounds like its stuck.
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 12 Jan 2021 16:38
by Steve
It is spinning... just sounds like a dial-up modem when it tries to read.
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 13 Jan 2021 09:46
by stephen_usher
It looks like someone has had it open, given the broken warranty seal.
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 13 Jan 2021 14:27
by MegaSTEarian
Sounds painful :shock:
Hope the customer hasn't got any data in there.
On another note, how easy is to source an HDD like this?
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 13 Jan 2021 17:32
by Steve
I think old small 2.5'' scsi's like this would be hard to find. My customer should have his data backed up to tape so hats good.
I'll be recapping the PSU and motherboard next, I'll post photos when I get to it.
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 22 Jan 2021 20:04
by Steve
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 22 Jan 2021 20:20
by exxos
Assume you replaced the ROM ? The original ROM will bottle out after a few hours normally.
Re: C-Lab MK2 CA401332-002-REVC / Repair/Restore log
Posted: 22 Jan 2021 20:27
by Steve
exxos wrote: 22 Jan 2021 20:20
Assume you replaced the ROM ? The original ROM will bottle out after a few hours normally.
I checked and this rom has the exact same serial number as the one in your store, so I think it is a fast rom (assuming serial number is a factor) I will of course run benchmarks and tests in the next few days.
@exxos check the fan silencing photo, you can see the ROM there.