PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
stephen_usher

Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Post by stephen_usher »

PhilC wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:01 am
stephen_usher wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:16 pm By observing the experiment you change it.
Very True Stephen, by pushing my scope probe onto the pad of R137 I inadvertently fixed a dry joint and the flickering has gone (at least for now) so I've just desoldered that joint and the CPC6128 is on test once again :)
:dualthumbup:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

My LS257s arrived today, popped one into the empty socket and switched the QL on to be presented with the monitor selection screen... result!

SO it took me a couple of hours to fix all in, including learning about how the QL works but I'm pretty happy now that its working.

I've got a new membrane to put in the keyboard and then that's the QL done.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Yay!

Now you can join the Sinclair QL forum as well. ;-)
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

stephen_usher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:22 pm Yay!

Now you can join the Sinclair QL forum as well. ;-)
Actually I should have already, this is my second QL after all ;)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

:D :dualthumbup:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Got myself an OSSC finally and have been having a play with it. So far it works great with the Sinclair QL and my Lenovo monitor but took a bit of tweaking. Not sure about all this scaliness emulation thing just yet as I don't even remember seeing that back in the day.
JezC

Post by JezC »

PhilC wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:09 pm @JezC you are coming to cyber legends right? Collect it from there perhaps?
Ok, things are looking a bit more positive for being able to attend this (at the moment at least)...though I might be accompanied by my good lady (and possibly even my daughter) so I'll have to exercise great restraint (and according to my wife I may need to "try" to sell some of my ST collection...but perhaps not too hard ;) )

I'll see if I can bring some of the potential boards back into the house from the garage...though I wonder if there would be any interest in nearly working systems (e.g. with a RAM fault) or just fully working ones (maybe needing a PSU recap and a floppy replacement)...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:28 pm Ok, things are looking a bit more positive for being able to attend this (at the moment at least)...though I might be accompanied by my good lady (and possibly even my daughter) so I'll have to exercise great restraint (and according to my wife I may need to "try" to sell some of my ST collection...but perhaps not too hard ;) )

I'll see if I can bring some of the potential boards back into the house from the garage...though I wonder if there would be any interest in nearly working systems (e.g. with a RAM fault) or just fully working ones (maybe needing a PSU recap and a floppy replacement)...
You can't get rid of stuff! It might be useful one day! :lol:

Not sure same rule applies to wives though :lol: :hide:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@JezC bring it, put a price on it and see I guess?
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:42 pm You can't get rid of stuff! It might be useful one day! :lol:

Not sure same rule applies to wives though :lol: :hide:
I'm not sure whether that is meant to suggest that wives are not useful... :hide: ...or wives should get rid of (their) stuff ;)

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”