Terriblefire Accelerators

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

SukkoPera

Re: Terriblefire Accelerators

Post by SukkoPera »

AIBB looks OK and all tests run fine.

I have just experienced the same issue I had on the A500+: every time I write to the CF, it gets totally corrupted.
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

OK, I reconfigured the expansion to 1 MB slow and the CF write issue seems gone.

I have tried the Memory Test in SysTest and with 1.5MB it fails with X's for all bits right at the start of the 0xC0000 range, weird.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

SukkoPera wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 am OK, I reconfigured the expansion to 1 MB slow and the CF write issue seems gone.

I have tried the Memory Test in SysTest and with 1.5MB it fails with X's for all bits right at the start of the 0xC0000 range, weird.
Did you mean 0xD00000? Either way if alenppc isn’t seeing the issue I’m betting you have an issue like a short somewhere on the address bus.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

I will check again tonight and post a pic of the failing test.

I don't think I have any issue on my machine, as the full 1.5MB range tests fine with the original 68000 CPU and 1 MB seems to work well with the TF card.

Some guy was mentioning in the PeteAU's expansion thread on EAB that to get a 100% working setup he had to use the latest bus JED but the previous RAM JED. Does that make any sense?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It will be a short on the TF530 if there is one
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I will take another look at this also this weekend to see if I can reproduce it by booting Lotus II from WHDLoad. To be honest I haven't tested every game, but I've run Nemac IV, Frontier and a few others.
ICRY

Post by ICRY »

Hello I know you have a lot going on, so just wondering when the TF534 might be released for people to build.
Amazing work btw!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I'm planning to release them when I am sure i can get a set of gerbers that will work. I'll also sell what i have on eBay at the same time.
———
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 am
SukkoPera wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 am OK, I reconfigured the expansion to 1 MB slow and the CF write issue seems gone.

Did you mean 0xD00000? Either way if alenppc isn’t seeing the issue I’m betting you have an issue like a short somewhere on the address bus.
I've checked again and it fails in the 0xC00000-0xC7FFFF range, see pic (please ignore awful video quality):
Foto 01-12-18, 18 38 13.jpg
Foto 01-12-18, 18 38 13.jpg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

SukkoPera wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:07 am Some guy was mentioning in the PeteAU's expansion thread on EAB that to get a 100% working setup he had to use the latest bus JED but the previous RAM JED. Does that make any sense?
Should I try this?

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”