Terriblefire Accelerators

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Terriblefire Accelerators

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Powered key pin is usually used by CF Cards and DOM's, where some hard/CDROM drives will have problems with it.
So use fully pinned ribbon cable on CF/DiskOnModue, but one without PIN20 for connecting HDD/CDROM then all will be fine
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

I don't think I'll ever connect anything to my TF rather than the CF adapter, so that will be fine. It works like a charm, by the way :).

On a side note, with the latest firmware and the 4.5A power supply I can finally use my TF530 in my A500 rev.6A, both RAM and IDE seem to be working fine. It didn't work very well on my A500+ with 2 MB chip RAM but I think I should retest it.

Oh, and I have the PeteAU RAM expansion in the A500: with 1.5MB slow RAM the system *seems* to work fine, but it has random crashes/weirdness. Limiting the slow RAM to 1 MB seems more reliable.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

SukkoPera wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:51 pm
Oh, and I have the PeteAU RAM expansion in the A500: with 1.5MB slow RAM the system *seems* to work fine, but it has random crashes/weirdness. Limiting the slow RAM to 1 MB seems more reliable.
Do you know the range of the slow memory? I wonder if it ends up overlapping in the $DAxxxx range? this is where IDE gets mapped.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

thanks for this update!
really glad to hear Your TF530 works more stable now :!:
As about PeteAU expansion+TF530: can't test - ran out of 530 cards.. don't wanna order new batch - hoping to build some TF534 instread.. 8-)
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

SukkoPera wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:51 pm Oh, and I have the PeteAU RAM expansion in the A500: with 1.5MB slow RAM the system *seems* to work fine, but it has random crashes/weirdness. Limiting the slow RAM to 1 MB seems more reliable.
I also have that expansion, but the latest firmware fixed the issue for me. An earlier version would mistakenly identify more ram and crash, but the latest one is fine. I haven't had crashes, but if you have a step by step on how to reproduce I can try.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:06 pm
SukkoPera wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:51 pm Oh, and I have the PeteAU RAM expansion in the A500: with 1.5MB slow RAM the system *seems* to work fine, but it has random crashes/weirdness. Limiting the slow RAM to 1 MB seems more reliable.
I also have that expansion, but the latest firmware fixed the issue for me. An earlier version would mistakenly identify more ram and crash, but the latest one is fine. I haven't had crashes, but if you have a step by step on how to reproduce I can try.
I did some quick math.. slow ram starts at $E00000 and finishes at $D7FFFF. So 1.5Mb should be ok. There was an issue before with this. You know you have this issue if AIBB looks like it has corrupted fonts. If thats the case you need to update to the latest firmware.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

Just try and boot Lotus II from whdload. Works with 1 MB, doesn't with 1.5 for me.
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

My slow RAM from the PeteAU card gets mapped from 0xC00000 to 0xD7FFFF, BTW.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Are you able to run AIBB and do you see corrupted fonts? Also try putting the CDIS jumper on. If that makes it work you need to upgrade the firmware.
———
SukkoPera

Post by SukkoPera »

Firmware is tf530_2018_11_17_beta.

Going to test AIBB.

PS: How long will this "Your message needs to be approved" thing go on???

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”