Icky - Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24083
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by exxos »

Didn't you have some video noise to solve yet ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4004
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 am
Location: UK

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm Didn't you have some video noise to solve yet ?
That has been solved by different PSU. I guess noisy power lines.

So my Bench PSU and one of my ST PSUs produces the noise on the screen.

However the current ST PSU I am using is not producing the noise
User avatar
PaulJ
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by PaulJ »

Its impressive the performance gains you get across the board with a blitter. Its pretty sluggish without one.
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24083
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm So my Bench PSU and one of my ST PSUs produces the noise on the screen.

However the current ST PSU I am using is not producing the noise
Which PSU model is good and not good? Are they recapped ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4004
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 am
Location: UK

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:27 pm
Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm So my Bench PSU and one of my ST PSUs produces the noise on the screen.

However the current ST PSU I am using is not producing the noise
Which PSU model is good and not good? Are they recapped ?
They are both SR98's but neither of them have been recapped yet.

I am guessing the one thats generating the noise could do with a recap - time to order some goodies from Exxos' store.
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24083
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:10 pm I am guessing the one thats generating the noise could do with a recap - time to order some goodies from Exxos' store.
Out of interest, could you scope them both when powering the stf ? Be interesting to know what the ripple is as what ever ripple is obviously to much on one of them..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4004
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 am
Location: UK

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm
Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:10 pm I am guessing the one thats generating the noise could do with a recap - time to order some goodies from Exxos' store.
Out of interest, could you scope them both when powering the stf ? Be interesting to know what the ripple is as what ever ripple is obviously to much on one of them..
I'll see if I have time tonight to have a go
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4004
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 am
Location: UK

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm I sold out of blitters :( its one reason I'm trying to do the the fpga version.
Could this be a source of Blitters?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-MM ... 14678.html
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24083
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:54 pm Could this be a source of Blitters?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-MM ... 14678.html
I do keep trying places, but they just always say they haven't got any.. you could try ordering one see what happens...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4004
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 am
Location: UK

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:11 pm
Icky wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:54 pm Could this be a source of Blitters?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-MM ... 14678.html
I do keep trying places, but they just always say they haven't got any.. you could try ordering one see what happens...
Done - lets see as you say what happens
Post Reply

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”