Paulj's H5 Phoenix Platform Build

Share your building progress here!
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paulj's H5 Phoenix Platform Build

Post by exxos »

Probably Trudie 3.3V will appear first as its what I am try to work on currently. The 3.3V stuff will be like half the price of 5V versions as I want people to move to the remake platforms than upgrade original machines.. Plus 3.3V stuff is a lot cheaper than 5V stuff.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:49 pm Probably Trudie 3.3V will appear first as its what I am try to work on currently. The 3.3V stuff will be like half the price of 5V versions as I want people to move to the remake platforms than upgrade original machines.. Plus 3.3V stuff is a lot cheaper than 5V stuff.
Sounds like a great plan since I fried GB on the 1.1 IDE board putting me down a board. Now I have a couple H5 coming on line and the IDE interface is the preferred storage solution and I'm short.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 pm Just finished testing with the Atari drag cart and associated hardware. The results:

Ram Pass
Keyboard Pass
Audio Pass
Floppy Pass
O. S. Rom Pass
Midi Pass
Timing Pass
Printer/Joystick Pass
Color Pass
Serial Port Pass
DMA Pass
High Res Pass
Glitter Short & Long Test Pass

Also the floppy works with 720/1440 auto size.

Guess this one's done. Better video quality than the H4 by the way.
@PaulJ - for the HD floppy test are you using the separate 16MHz OSC soldered on the board or did you use the SJ3 to link the 16MHz from the Shifter to the HD floppy GAL?
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:48 am @PaulJ - for the HD floppy test are you using the separate 16MHz OSC soldered on the board or did you use the SJ3 to link the 16MHz from the Shifter to the HD floppy GAL?
Using the 16mhz osc soldered to the board Icky. :)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Thanks @PaulJ. So we still need to test the HD floppy mod with the 16MHz line from the Shifter.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:02 pm Thanks @PaulJ. So we still need to test the HD floppy mod with the 16MHz line from the Shifter.
Put it away to work on getting UniFLEX working on my SWTPC S+. I'll get it out soon and give it a try. :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@Icky , took a look at using the shifter 16mhz but I would need to remove the orc so I'll check it on my second board. I'll leave the orc off and see how the shifter clock works.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:09 pm @Icky , took a look at using the shifter 16mhz but I would need to remove the orc so I'll check it on my second board. I'll leave the orc off and see how the shifter clock works.
Makes sense @PaulJ

Return to “H5 A3 USER BUILDS”