Item not yet received - ordered 2022-02-05 - Canada issue

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
rocky1138

Item not yet received - ordered 2022-02-05 - Canada issue

Post by rocky1138 »

Hello :)

Is there no way to track items once they leave the UK? I click on the tracking link provided in the email but once it leaves the UK it's like the item disappears.

Order # 6BAFBE502818F294E6F6C816496583E6.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Item not yet received - ordered 2022-02-05

Post by exxos »

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Some couriers do not offer full tracking from source to destination. But there should be something on Canadian post site to show they have the package at least and like you say, there is nothing at all. Like the numbers do not even exist.

I have looked back several months on tracking codes and similar problem. So I have opened up a dispute for your package and contacted royal mail with several other tracking numbers proving the tracking service is not working.

Will let you know when I have any more information. Will likely be a few days before I hear anything back as its weekend now anyway.

If anyone reading is in Canada who has ordered from the shop, can you please let us know how long your package took to arrive or if there was any problems.

If there are problems shipping to Canada then I'll just not have to ship there anymore :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 »

OK thank you for your time and effort!
Steve

Post by Steve »

exxos wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:48 am If there are problems shipping to Canada then I'll just not have to ship there anymore :(
Don't forget during this time they had the truck driver strike which completely stopped everything in Canada for a while. I had a package delayed for a few weeks due to this, so it is probably just a once-off.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Item not yet received - ordered 2022-02-05 - Canada issue

Post by exxos »

It seems Canadian post is the worst postal service on earth. The internet is littered with bad reviews and there are even dedicated hate sites to it.

One guy said he sent a package 150 miles away and took 56 days to arrive. Other reports of bad weather conditions slowing things down. One CA to UK review posted a few days ago said 3 months have passed and package not arrived yet.

It also seems about 2 years ago Royal Mail stopped offering tracked services to Canada. Basically they are only tracked within the UK anyway. Canadian post doesn't do tracking. That's why the package "vanishes" when leaving the UK. The internet is littered with complaints about that as well. I stopped looking past 2018. Things seems to have been bad a long time even before covid hit.

I think @Bikerbob is in CA and ordered "recently" maybe he can give us a clue how long things are actually taking to arrive?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 »

exxos wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:43 am It seems Canadian post is the worst postal service on earth.
I myself have blogged about this :lol:

https://johnrockefeller.net/sued-by-can ... tal-codes/

Regardless, thanks very much for trying. Let's hope my package arrives before the end of the year!
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Have to say, I have had very few issues with Canada post. I use them for my business shipping all the time.

They also run the courier Purolator. It does depend on the service.

Yes, packages coming into Canada - the tracking is lost once it gets into Canada Posts hands, why that is?? I can't say.. have I been upset.. yes.

Now all of that being said, over all how many packages have I lost to canada post?? maybe 1 in 10 years.

DHL from Europe is much better. I still get most things I order from China, USA, etc shipped to me Canada post.. Sometimes.. I have to wait a bit longer. But overall I find them pretty good. Package condition is USUALLY WAY BETTER than courier.

James
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

@Bikerbob Thanks for your input. Can you recall about how long it took to get stuff from the store delivered ?
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

exxos wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:45 am @Bikerbob Thanks for your input. Can you recall about how long it took to get stuff from the store delivered ?
Well, one.. where is Steve? I am in Greater Toronto Area, so we are a hub of business - things seem to come through us faster.

I usually get things from the UK in 2-4 weeks. When I get a small box from the store it can be here in as fast as 2 weeks. I think my H5c1 took about 5 weeks.. I remember starting to think I might get worried.

James
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

rocky1138 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm Hello :)

Is there no way to track items once they leave the UK? I click on the tracking link provided in the email but once it leaves the UK it's like the item disappears.

Order # 6BAFBE502818F294E6F6C816496583E6.
how long has it been since Exxos shipped? I usually give it 6 weeks max.. then I would start a process.. but I have had things show up literally the day I decide I have had it, I am starting my claim.. lol

James

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”