Future H5 buyers & assembly

Information and progress towards the H5 board.

Future H5 build options

Bare PCB only - no parts
7%
Generic SMT parts assembled (birdseed)
44%
Bulk parts assembled (as they are sold now)
48%

Total votes: 27

mikro

Re: Future H5 buyers & assembly

Post by mikro »

@exxos ultimately it is your full right to do what do you find appropriate. But if it were me, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can license it in a way that it forces everyone to state on the PCB something like "This is a modified version of Exxos Phenix board, no support will be provided by Exxos" or something (better worded) like that.

The beauty of open source is that yeah, a lot of awful forks and dead ends may be produced but also, if you keep it closed, you will never see the good ones.
Chewbode

Post by Chewbode »

Ah, man I was just served a huge portion of FOMO seeing these posts. I have a 1040STF that someone tried to perform an RAM upgrade on and cut a bunch of traces on the board. I've tried many time in vain to bodge the issues and get it fixed, to no avail. I would love to get an H4 or H5 and get that machine running again.
4160STE, SD4ST+, NetUSBee, Exxos RBG to VGA | 2 x 1040STF | SC1224 | SC1435
Dead_Cat

Post by Dead_Cat »

After moving back home from living in Florida, my aunt said she was moving and I had some boxes in her basement..

My old Atari stuff!

I replaced the power supply for the 1040 but also have a badly hacked 520 system , I had really done a lot of damage as a teen with a cheap soldering iron . Id love to have a new board to tinker with as I wish to preserve my Atari unmodified. But I have a scsi hard disk and have to switch tos versions on boot to avoid data corruption from the original TOS.

In any case , if you do make more , ill certainly be ordering one.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

People can shout out if they are interested in one in this thread.

Though it's highly unlikely there will be a batch this year for various mentioned reasons. But I need at least 25 buyers to even consider doing a new batch. Thats more like 50 people as half will back out when it comes to coughing up the cash.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to do a new batch but the buyers have to be there before anything else.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
officer960

Post by officer960 »

I'd be interested in one (possibly two) if these are the virtually complete versions - I think it was just the rear ports, RAM, and some minor soldering that needs to be done by the end user? I wont attempt another "bird seed" version though; I simply ran out of steam on the one I started.
Atari 1040 STFM, Atari Mega ST2, Atari STE (4mb), Atari Mega STE (4mb), Atari Falcon, Atari TT030, Amiga 2000 V2+, Amiga 2000 Video Toaster GVP030, Amiga 500, Amiga 500+ 030, Amiga 1200 030, MiST, MiSTer
jasonfloyd

Post by jasonfloyd »

I'd be interested in buying two in any buildout condition. I'd be interested in any existing boards people have that they aren't going to use as well.

Return to “H5 Phoenix Platform Edition”