AmigaOS 3.2 available!

The place to upload all essential Amiga software.

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Lemaru

Re: AmigaOS 3.2 available!

Post by Lemaru »

My only issue is that the devs don't get financially compensated for their work, which I mentioned on one Facebook thread (I hope that's not the one you are referring to). But since then, one of the Devs has explained their stance on it which clears a few things up.

I'd still rather some of my money went to them, but guess if they are happy then it's all good.

The only one I never purchased (so don't own or use) is 3.1.4. I have a big boxed version of 3.5, and 3.9 (which I wish came in a big box too). No doubt I'll buy this when I got some spare funds.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Does TF1260 work out of the box with this OS? Or MMU libs are still required?

I think I will pick it up after payday.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
RetroPassionUK

Post by RetroPassionUK »

Lemaru wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:00 am My only issue is that the devs don't get financially compensated for their work, which I mentioned on one Facebook thread (I hope that's not the one you are referring to). But since then, one of the Devs has explained their stance on it which clears a few things up.

I'd still rather some of my money went to them, but guess if they are happy then it's all good.

The only one I never purchased (so don't own or use) is 3.1.4. I have a big boxed version of 3.5, and 3.9 (which I wish came in a big box too). No doubt I'll buy this when I got some spare funds.
We purchase our stock directly from Hyperon-Entertainment so I'm sure that is untrue otherwise they would have no devs left!
Lemaru

Post by Lemaru »

RetroPassionUK wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Lemaru wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:00 am My only issue is that the devs don't get financially compensated for their work, which I mentioned on one Facebook thread (I hope that's not the one you are referring to). But since then, one of the Devs has explained their stance on it which clears a few things up.

We purchase our stock directly from Hyperon-Entertainment so I'm sure that is untrue otherwise they would have no devs left!
The Devs have confirmed it themselves. It's not that they didn't get paid, but that they worked on it for free. Going on some of their responses they are fine with it though, as they get benefits, free licenses, etc, and do it for their love of it. So like I say, if they are happy then all good.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 pm Does TF1260 work out of the box with this OS? Or MMU libs are still required?

Chucky confirmed it did. He is a beta tester. I haven’t had a chance to yet myself.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
demon-knight

Post by demon-knight »

I cant believe people would pirate stuff like that, it's disgusting for such a small community especially with all the hard work everyone put in. No wonder devs get pi**ed off and leave the community.

I bought my copy on Saturday from Steve at RetroPassionUK along with a couple of Roms
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

demon-knight wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:29 pm I cant believe people would pirate stuff like that, it's disgusting for such a small community especially with all the hard work everyone put in. No wonder devs get pi**ed off and leave the community.

I bought my copy on Saturday from Steve at RetroPassionUK along with a couple of Roms
Agreed.

I simply wont tolerate the normalisation that stealing things is ok because its for old computer.. Sure we've probably all pirated a bit of software at some point but there is a world of difference between quietly pirating a bit of software written in 1992 and BRAGGING that you're PROUD that you are stealing software hot off the press in 2021.

I read people say that Hyperion should open source it... I'm pretty sure they cant do that. They don't own the AmigaOS source code. They have a license to develop it and distribute/sell copies of that. There is a huge distinction between that and owning the source code. Its like someone buys a license from Microsoft to develop and sell Word. That doesnt give you the right to release the sourcecode for it. And even if they do why should they give away something they've paid for for free.. why dont you give amiga users your house that you paid for just because they want it. Sheeesh.

My stance on this will be zero tolerance. If this is the sort of thing you do and are proud of it you aren't welcome.

EDIT: i've also read that these r*tards think that people have double standards on this. The double standard is that these guys say they want to see things developed for the Amiga yet won't part with the money for a meal in a restaurant to help make it happen. Take a look in the mirror lads.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:21 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 pm Does TF1260 work out of the box with this OS? Or MMU libs are still required?

Chucky confirmed it did. He is a beta tester. I haven’t had a chance to yet myself.
Thats good to know, I intend to run it on my A1200 when I get a copy.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
demon-knight

Post by demon-knight »

terriblefire wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Agreed.

I simply wont tolerate the normalisation that stealing things is ok because its for old computer.. Sure we've probably all pirated a bit of software at some point but there is a world of difference between quietly pirating a bit of software written in 1992 and BRAGGING that you're PROUD that you are stealing software hot off the press in 2021.

I read people say that Hyperion should open source it... I'm pretty sure they cant do that. They don't own the AmigaOS source code. They have a license to develop it and distribute/sell copies of that. There is a huge distinction between that and owning the source code. Its like someone buys a license from Microsoft to develop and sell Word. That doesnt give you the right to release the sourcecode for it. And even if they do why should they give away something they've paid for for free.. why dont you give amiga users your house that you paid for just because they want it. Sheeesh.

My stance on this will be zero tolerance. If this is the sort of thing you do and are proud of it you aren't welcome.

EDIT: i've also read that these r*tards think that people have double standards on this. The double standard is that these guys say they want to see things developed for the Amiga yet won't part with the money for a meal in a restaurant to help make it happen. Take a look in the mirror lads.
The level of entitlement that some people have is unreal, they want things developed but dont want to pay for the privilege ffs. I buy and support people who develop things as their skill set is way above what I could do in those fields. I love reading posts on here and other forums about the efforts that go into developing hardware and software as I like to know how these things work and what motivates the people behind them. Without these people I wouldn't have any hobbies.
amimjf

Post by amimjf »

RetroPassionUK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:36 pm
We are official Hyperon resellers and are now taking back orders for the new AmigaOS 3.2

Any questions just ask :-)
Hi, trying to place an order now, but your checkout can't lookup my address,.. maybe you don't like Coventry !

Checked it multiple times, pretty sure it's not me.

Return to “AMIGA SOFTWARE”