Amiga Scammer - Sometimes known as amiga2000/profizmus/tiedlehet/Kryptonit_a/CommodoreAmigaWorld

List all your hardware and upgrades for sale here.

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Amiga Scammer - Sometimes known as amiga2000/profizmus/tiedlehet/Kryptonit_a/CommodoreAmigaWorld

Post by terriblefire »

All,

A few of us have recently been approached by a guy from Hungary. What he does is he asks to buy something and then complains NO WAY he will pay that as he could have got it for £5 a few years ago. This is the telltale of this guys business model.

He will wear you down and then get the item and flip it for the max he can get. Basically scam you with a sob story then flip it. He used to be known as Amiga2000 on EAB.
profizmus says:

Whatever I achieve what I want, nobody can stop me. I have already made a lot of profit in 15+ years. Commodore+Amiga prices are rising, profit-making is guaranteed. HEHE. There are 100 ways I can make a big profit.
He's particularly unhappy with me because i'm keeping prices low and interest in other accelerators has dropped. I think he has approached a few of the independent builders and i would not be surprised if there are other underhand ways to get you to part with your amiga kit for nothing or less than market value. I'm interested in putting the screws on this guy a bit so make sure you never let anyone neg you into lowering your price and if you suspect you have dealt with this guy post any info you have here.

I suspect this guy has some kind of store front with a different name peddling this stuff back to the community.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
mrbombermillzy

Re: Amiga Scammer - Sometimes known as amiga2000/profizmus

Post by mrbombermillzy »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:53 pm
profizmus says:

Whatever I achieve what I want, nobody can stop me.
Wow. He really sounds like a proper cartoon villain!

Might think this a silly question, but is he BASED in Hungary or UK?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:45 pm Might think this a silly question, but is he BASED in Hungary or UK?
Good question. Hoping to dig up as much info on how he operates as possible and document it here. Hopefully save some people from this.

I have been told that he has alternately sold things on ebay from UK and Hungary.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Looks like he got banned on eab some time ago. So at least he's been caught out by others already.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
trixster

Post by trixster »

Yup, I've come across him before when he was on eab. Proper c&&t
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

You could make a big profit with TF products, but you don’t want to make a lot of money! HEHE. Your profit with 500 TF1260 = 10000 €? 500×20.
You, etc. already sold 500+ TF1260s with and without CPU. If you don't want to make money, then your customers will make money with your products. You can't stop that.
TF1260 on ebay now 229 € + shipping. Plus cheap (bought in 2019) rev. 6 CPU 100 € = cca. 350 €.
Now TF1260 normal price (amigastore.eu) 299 € + rev. 6 CPU from China 350 $ = 600 €.
In 2023-2024 this selling will be easy for minimum 800 €, etc.. 800-350=450 € profit, or 800-600=200 € profit. Etc.
From 2021 to 2024 = 500×200 €=100000 € profit without development, soldering, etc..
Because of the price increase, traders are making more profit, than the designer and the builder, Leary, Chucky, etc..
Nobody can prevent this. Was meaningless to plan the TF 1230, 1260, etc. products.
Leary, Chucky, alenppc, supaduper, etc. = BIG losers! You work for free! HEHE. Dealers get rich from your work!
I buy some products, I wait 3-4 years, and I sell on double price.
The TF products will not always be available from you, amibay, etc.
Which I translate as ... I'm butt hurt you keep making cards... if i pi$$ you off enough maybe you'll stop and i'll get rich.
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

His argument is flawed anyway. You gave stuff away and he can't understand why. You're doing this as a hobby that's all. Hobbies are different than a business model. He doesn't get that either. Others buy parts, assemble, test, deal with support etc and he can't understand that either.

Think I'll start selling TF536 again and make sure they're always available if it bothers him that much that things will vanish. I've been around 25+ years. So let's play the waiting game then.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Robson

Post by Robson »

He's from Hungary and he's well known on local forums and marketplaces - meaning kicked regularly out so have to change name to get back. He's always lecturing everybody and KEEP TRACK! of what you bought (and how much you paid) and what sold in the last years. In the Hungarian market anyway. We are in luck because his main interest is the C= line. I could go on for pages about stories, like he sold a C64 without SID as fully working, etc. And complained about the buyer afterwards. Also known as "tiedlehet" .
Avoid him! Just ignore completely. if you don't want half mile long tsunami of thoughts in email that nobody understands.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Amiga Scammer - Sometimes known as amiga2000/profizmus/tiedlehet

Post by terriblefire »

Thanks that was very useful. I had a read over this...

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback ... /tiedlehet

Most of the +ve feedback are purchases including a recent one from funkward-tech. There are multiple -ve feedback sales and he only leaves -ve feedback....

This guy is a piece of work. Bit of detective work later he is at least shipping things from Szeged.
———
Robson

Re: Amiga Scammer - Sometimes known as amiga2000/profizmus/tiedlehet/Kryptonit_a/CommodoreAmigaWorld

Post by Robson »

I think he's not always dishonest but definitely hugely jealous of any kind of activity that generates revenue.
He's from around Szeged but as far as I heard he avoids every kind of personal interaction (even though some said they'd thank him few things in person...)

Return to “AMIGA FOR SALE”