Is anyone in the UK able to build my A4000+ Alice board?

General hardware issues and troubleshooting etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

PsygnoChris

Is anyone in the UK able to build my A4000+ Alice board?

Post by PsygnoChris »

Hi,

A few years ago I bought an A4000+ Alice board and all of the required components for it. My plan was to build it myself. I got about 7 or 8 small components in, Covid took over the world, and since then my Wife has been working from home and that means I no longer have build space.

I sent it to someone well known in the Amiga community almost a year ago, but they have not had the time to even start on it so I am told. They have basically offered to send everything back and so I find myself still needing someone to put it together then clean and test it for me.

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Steve

Re: Is anyone in the UK able to build my A4000+ Alice board?

Post by Steve »

Wow that is a big job... what was the other guy going to charge you for doing it?
trixster

Post by trixster »

For a price comparison, Hese (based in Finland) charges €300 for the assembly of the aa3000+ motherboard and daughterboard.

Bebek is uk based and is a soldering wizard, he’s done big soldering jobs for me before so he might consider it. He’s active on amibay and eab
PsygnoChris

Post by PsygnoChris »

Steve wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:06 pm Wow that is a big job... what was the other guy going to charge you for doing it?
I was quoted £200.
PsygnoChris

Post by PsygnoChris »

trixster wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 pm For a price comparison, Hese (based in Finland) charges €300 for the assembly of the aa3000+ motherboard and daughterboard.

Bebek is uk based and is a soldering wizard, he’s done big soldering jobs for me before so he might consider it. He’s active on amibay and eab
Thanks. I'll ping him a message.

Return to “AMIGA HARDWARE HELP”