HDD activity LED from CF cards

General hardware issues and troubleshooting etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

amimjf

HDD activity LED from CF cards

Post by amimjf »

Hi,

I am a bit confused how to get a HDD activity LED from a CF card (mounted in a TF accelerator or not).. Is it just as simple as soldering a flying lead on pin 39 and bring it into the LED ?

There are adaptors rastport.com (ka47b), that claim 'active correction' of the HDD signal so it's not always on. The little IC (74HCT14) seems to be an inverting Schmidt trigger, is that's all that needed, just an invert ?

I have a Checkmate 1500 case that has a little PCB with Power/HDD LEDs, which worked great with a flying lead from the A500 keyboard connector for the Power LED.
matt020

Re: HDD activity LED from CF cards

Post by matt020 »

I'll give you the simple version of what I found out, but you should do some Google work....

Connect the negative side of the LED, yes, the negative side, to pin 39 on the IDE
Connect the positive side of the LED to a 5v line in the Amiga, any 5v line.... but, 5v is just a wee bit too much power, so you need to add a little resistor to the 5v line to bring the volts down. Commonly used is a 330ohm resistor.
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

yea I tried that yesterday before I posted here and i think my cfcard or adapter isn't compatible hence looking for a way to tap it from the TF1230 itself.
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Have you tried Google.

There is a simple fix for CF adapters that don't work with A1200 HDD LED's.

Return to “AMIGA HARDWARE HELP”