CD32 door hinge plastic broken

General hardware issues and troubleshooting etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Zaspath

CD32 door hinge plastic broken

Post by Zaspath »

Hey guys,

This could be a difficult fix, I've tried using Gorilla glue gel to bind the plastic but the area has too much stress so it won't last, are there any good suggestions on what I can do here? Is it possible to source drive doors at a reasonable price?

UPDATE: It broke off fully again... a few door opens (after 24 hours or setting) and it snapped the tiny plastic piece in two.
Cd0RrUwFuSeOm6l6ecWEZaNgk1EPCG80wJg-ZTyR2GAeJxFPc.jpg
Cd0RrUwFuSeOm6l6ecWEZaNgk1EPCG80wJg-ZTyR2GAeJxFPc.jpg (165.92 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Thanks

Moderator note: Image rehosted. Please don't link to external image sites.
matt020

Re: CD32 door hinge plastic broken

Post by matt020 »

Google: Super glue with baking soda.

"When mixed together, super glue and baking soda's strength exceeds that of plain super glue. The enhanced strength and quick drying time make the blend of super glue and baking soda ideal for quick surface repairs in high-traffic areas."

"What the baking soda does is to act as a catalyst instantly hardening the superglue into its plastic form upon contact. This plug holes, seals gaps, and it has high durability."

Google results will give you more info about it, including how-to's and so on....

I've used super glue with baking soda and it's incredibly strong.
Zaspath

Re: CD32 door hinge plastic broken

Post by Zaspath »

Thanks that could be way forward, I've seen a few clips on that, tempted to also try epoxy putty.

Return to “AMIGA HARDWARE HELP”