Copy hard drive data

IDE, ACSI etc kits and products.
digitalman

Copy hard drive data

Post by digitalman »

Wondering if anyone has a good solution for copying data off an internal SCSI drive. I want to take my physical drive data and move it to an SD card (clone/backup). I do not have any PCs with SCSI. I do have a NetUSBee and could essentially download each and every file, but that would take forever. Is there an FTP client for Atari?
stephen_usher

Re: Copy hard drive data

Post by stephen_usher »

The latest UIPtool has an FTP server built in I believe, so you could use that in combination with the NetUSBee.

https://bitbucket.org/sqward/uip-tools/src/master/
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
digitalman

Post by digitalman »

Indeed it does! This should do the trick, thanks!
digitalman

Post by digitalman »

So I have run into a couple if weird problems with this.

1) Directory listings on the FTP client side (pc side) shows weird names. For example, on the Atari the directory is UTILS, but on the PC it shows; MAY 0 1981 UTILS. If I go into it, the directory is empty. But if I CD UTILS I get a directory with files, and similar names again. All files are preceded with a date. Makes transfers very difficult. *no wild cards"

2) One directory just crashes the uIP tool when you do a DIR on it. Must be a file name in there it can't handle.

Any other ideas?
digitalman

Post by digitalman »

I found this FTP app for ST. So far so good!! Slow..but it's doing the trick.

https://ptonthat.fr/litchi/

Return to “HARD DRIVES”