MONGREL REMAKE H4 COMPETITION

Topic for users to share their building progress.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

MONGREL REMAKE H4 COMPETITION

Post by Icky »

Mongrel H4 Competition.png
Mongrel H4 Competition.png (28.14 KiB) Viewed 5790 times

Many people may remember the gauntlet run by alpha builders during the STF Remake ALPHA build and the fun times finding bugs, adding patches and then ultimately ending in building towers on the alpha board. Exxos and I have been discussing putting some more fun into the next adventure of building the Mongrel Remake H4.

We are proposing having a Birth Competition where the first person to have their H4 born, boot and run a GB6 Benchmark will receive a prize. There will also be a runner up prize for the second person and finally a booby prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby_prize for the last person to bring their H4 into the world.

We are proposing a few rules as we want to make this fair for everyone:
  • Birth time will be what determines the winner. The time is from delivery of the board (when the builder receives the board) to posting a birth picture. Exxos will have the delivery tracking information which will make this a fair completion for those overseas who may receive their boards later than those in the UK
  • Birth picture is determined as a completed H4 booting alongside a monitor showing the GB6 benchmark for that board. The picture must be posted showing the board clearly alongside the monitor with the GB6 screen and cables in view so we can see that is the board showing on the monitor
  • Builders need to have a page under the Mongrel H4 builders section on the forum https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=78 and this is the page they will post their progress and birth picture too
  • Shortest Birth time will be the winner
  • Exxos or Icky can not influence the outcome of the competition such as holding back the boards or Icky asking Exxos to ship PhilC's boards to Icky and any other shenanigans that they can come up with
So what are the prizes:
Happy building and looking forward to the adventure that awaits.

EDIT - Competition is closed and the build times are as follows:
  1. PaulJ - 10 days
  2. PhilC - 17 days
  3. btl - 20 days
  4. kodak80 - 33 days
  5. derkom - 31 days (may be a few more)
  6. DoG - 34 days
  7. IngoQ - 49 days
Congratulations to PaulJ for building his in the shortest time.
PhilC

Re: MONGREL REMAKE H4 COMPETITION

Post by PhilC »

RJ for booby prize then :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Ooh. I wan't a ladle!
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Let the games begin. :excited: :excited: :excited:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky, need clear definition of winning. For instance all bench6 tests run successfully including glitter, excluding math co. All execution times must be >= 98% of standard St.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm Icky, need clear definition of winning. For instance all bench6 tests run successfully including glitter, excluding math co. All execution times must be >= 98% of standard St.
My thoughts here..

A couple % variation is normal, so no problem there. Not everyone has a blitter, so I think it may be unfair to have the blitter as a qualifier. Of course the FPU tests are only really for Falcon, so that isn't a qualifier either. Of course this is Ickys compo, so these are just my opinions :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm
PaulJ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm Icky, need clear definition of winning. For instance all bench6 tests run successfully including glitter, excluding math co. All execution times must be >= 98% of standard St.
My thoughts here..

A couple % variation is normal, so no problem there. Not everyone has a blitter, so I think it may be unfair to have the blitter as a qualifier. Of course the FPU tests are only really for Falcon, so that isn't a qualifier either. Of course this is Ickys compo, so these are just my opinions :)
Agree, Blitter doesn't count for the competition. We are looking at a functioning Mongrel H4 and looking at the Alpha benchmarks (see pic) so I agree a >=98% of the TOS 1.04 system is a good benchmark.

IMG_3109.jpeg
IMG_3109.jpeg (148.12 KiB) Viewed 5740 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Sounds great guys. Good definition on working. Instead of a second place I would think that prize should go to the person that posts the most fixes.. just a thought. I'm sure there there will be a enough bugs to go around. :)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Booby prize = a 3d printed life size model of Russ, to remind you to finish your projects in a more timely manner. Model comes complete with soldering flame thrower.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PhilC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:28 pm Booby prize = a 3d printed life size model of Russ, to remind you to finish your projects in a more timely manner. Model comes complete with soldering flame thrower.
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”