JezC H4 Build - in slow time

Topic for users to share their building progress.
PhilC

Re: JezC H4 Build - in slow time

Post by PhilC »

@JezC I did use that image last week to burn a rom for someone else. Not sure why it doesn't work for you?

The last TF536 firmware works pretty well but you will need to make a twisted ide cable and use exxos's maprom for best results.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:23 pm After my recent 600XL experience, I'd be tempted to say 'go back to stock' and work up from there.
Yes, I think going back to a plain 68k & seeing if everything else works in that configuration is a good first step (with both TRUDIE + CF card in patched TOS 1.04 & 2.06).

Biggest problem so far is finding a way to have the floppy working with the TF536 installed :roll: :shrug:
JezC

Post by JezC »

PhilC wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:35 pm @JezC I did use that image last week to burn a rom for someone else. Not sure why it doesn't work for you?

The last TF536 firmware works pretty well but you will need to make a twisted ide cable and use exxos's maprom for best results.
No, me neither so far. I'll check for any bent legs (as the real EPROMs seem to have very soft metal) and try it without the TF536, then see what that reveals.
I can also try to verify whether it's the same byte-swap as my working images for the TLS866.

Do you know which OS images were in that file?
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@JezC its emutos 1.1.1 and tos2.06.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Thanks @PhilC - is that the 256k version of EmuTOS?

I'll try the EPROM in the H5 board (just need to move the decoder over as well)...
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

JezC wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:07 pm Thanks @PhilC - is that the 256k version of EmuTOS?

I'll try the EPROM in the H5 board (just need to move the decoder over as well)...
Yes its the 256k version
JezC

Post by JezC »

Well, life keeps getting in the way of my work on the various H4/H5 and original ST repairs/refurbs etc.

In a rare moment of optimism I'm putting together some parts orders (Farnell & Mouser at the moment) to try and make progress with at least some of my projects...

One item I'd like to order but don't know the part number is for the power supply connector to solder into the motherboard - I've just put some header pins in there on one H4 board but want to replace that with the real part at some point (too many near misses where I've mis-plugged the PSU but spotted it before doing any damage).

Anybody know what the part number is?

I've found what I think is the connector for the connecting half (at the end of the PSU lead) - RS part number 680-1216 (TE Connectivity, EI Female Connector Housing, 2.5mm Pitch, 6 Way, 1 Row)

TIA
JezC

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”