Are these coming back into stock?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

UnderTheRain

Are these coming back into stock?

Post by UnderTheRain »

Are these coming back to the store at any point I would really like to get one.

Merry Christmas

Brian
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Are these coming back into stock?

Post by exxos »

I wasn't planning on another batch as anyone can get them made themselves anyway now. I struggled to sell the last few, but I guess if people are still interested I could get another batch done. But I fear parts shortages will prevent that anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

I hope I linked the right one lol I saw there are two on your site. Do they fit the FM and the E if you or anyone is making the boards I'd love one. Is there any guides getting them setup on the ST?

Thanks

Brian
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

UnderTheRain wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:56 pm Do they fit the FM and the E
Physically fit or fit as in will "work" ? Either way, they won't physically fit in a original machines. You will have to do all the mandatory fixes first.

STFM is best option. But STE only a prototype was done via an adapter.

UnderTheRain wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:56 pm if you or anyone is making the boards I'd love one.
Not that I know of. I stopped development several months ago as wasn't enough interest. but currently I do not have stock of the the board, and you are unlikely to find any CPLD's anytime soon. Could may well be a challenge to even get the TF536 birdseed boards made again now with parts shortages.

The Amiga guys may have a complete TF536 which you may be able to flash agranlund's ST firmware, but I don't remember what thread that was in. Nothing was done with that for over a year anyway which was why I started my own version.

@PhilC Was doing such ST versions some months ago, but again these were only test boards. There is still a lot of work which needs to be done before anything official is released. But I think that will be unlikely to happen anytime soon.
UnderTheRain wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:56 pm Is there any guides getting them setup on the ST?
Nope. That implies a "final" version was done, but nothing past test versions was ever done. Of course there are some requirements that you do actually know how to program the chips in the first place. I do not think any guides were done for this either. But like I say, only a handful of the TF536 ever made it into ST users hands so there was no use putting work in writing endless pages of documents as those guys knew what they were doing anyway.

TL;DR

Basically the whole TF536 ST project was WIP and only a small number of developers & testers actually had a board. But the whole thing is pretty much abandoned now anyway due to lack of interest. Even if I were to continue development, part shortages are going to likely continue for the next couple of years yet anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@UnderTheRain I have a few original birdseed boards left which you are welcome to purchase and build up yourself but as @exxos has said, you need to be able to get the parts, then program them and then get it all working in an ST.

I think that only three people ever had the proper ST rev 5 board and with that the IDE wasn't finished or working.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Are they the ST edition birdseed boards or the standard ones? I'm quite new to the accelerators. Do I need the ST version or can you get the other working? Are there any guides or anything? Sorry to ask all these questions building it and programming it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks

Brian
UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Farnell has the CPLD's in stock and we have a programmer at work hmmmm let me have a think i'll do a bit more reading and get back to you.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@UnderTheRain There is firmware for the original TF536 V2 boards (i.e. the non-ST specific ones) - I have one of those (kindly built by @PhilC) which I've had working in one of the Exxos H4 remake boards.

It is possible to get the non-ST specific V2 boards working in 'standard' Atari ST's (I know people on the forum have had them working in the original STM, STF/STFM, Mega and even in a Stacy), so a search on the forum should turn up a few topics for further reading (some with mixed results).
There are probably more users with the TF536 installed in the remake boards (H4 or H5) though!

Let us know if you can't find them & we can try to dig them out!
derkom

Post by derkom »

JezC wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:39 pm It is possible to get the non-ST specific V2 boards working in 'standard' Atari ST's
FWIW, I never did get the TF536 to play well with the CosmosEx, because ACSI seems to go to hell when running in 68030 mode. It's been on my mental list of things to bring up at some point, to see if @agranlund ever had a new firmware to hopefully resolve that problem, but it's never gotten to the top of my priorities. :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

So is there any interest in restocking these again or not ? I will first see if part shortages are going to cause a problem again or not, but I would assume so..

EDIT:

Oddly the parts for the BOM seem fine this time :shock:

Return to “TF536”