TF536 Firmare Update RC3

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Gleylancer

Re: TF536 Firmare Update RC3

Post by Gleylancer »

No go, there's nothing near my cables. I've even tried to disable all wireless connections for less interference. Relocating, splitting cables, nothing changed, its always a random fuse in a random sector.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Noise on the cables…

Process works you have some physical issue
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Gleylancer

Post by Gleylancer »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:31 am Noise on the cables…

Process works you have some physical issue
Thanks. Replaced the dupont cable, even though it was new - and resoldered all pins that they connect to on both sides, now it succeded. Sorry for the mess. :roll:
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

I finally got round to updating my TF536 with the new firmware. Went fine as usual. I love that little Raspberry Pi setup. Used it for other CPLD projects as well.
remi.jakobsen

Post by remi.jakobsen »

I need to update the firmware in my TF536 in order to get IDE working "stable" in my A2000 (A2500). Is there an tutorial on updating the TF536 somewhere? Using a Pi? Thanks for any response.
lilwashu

Post by lilwashu »

remi.jakobsen

Post by remi.jakobsen »

Thanks! I did the update, it was a hasle to prepare, I spend all evening. I pulled out the Raspberry 3a+ from my PiStorm in A500, and pulled out the TF536 from my A2500. Then soldered on wires to the TF536. I used a connector from SCSI cable in the Raspberry end and soldered the wires to the ribbon cable. Programming went well. IDE controller is now stable. Then I removed the GVP SCSI with SD2SCSI currently installed. Installed a IDE-SD adapter in one if the rear slot of my A2500, I had to modify a back plate from another slot card to rear mount the SD adapter (CF adapter didn't work). Now very easy to access the SD card sticking out in the rear. Get 4.5-6.0 mb/sec raw read in SysInfo, depending on partition I test. Great!
matt020

Post by matt020 »

remi.jakobsen wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:48 pm Thanks! I did the update, it was a hasle to prepare, I spend all evening. I pulled out the Raspberry 3a+ from my PiStorm in A500, and pulled out the TF536 from my A2500. Then soldered on wires to the TF536. I used a connector from SCSI cable in the Raspberry end and soldered the wires to the ribbon cable. Programming went well. IDE controller is now stable. Then I removed the GVP SCSI with SD2SCSI currently installed. Installed a IDE-SD adapter in one if the rear slot of my A2500, I had to modify a back plate from another slot card to rear mount the SD adapter (CF adapter didn't work). Now very easy to access the SD card sticking out in the rear. Get 4.5-6.0 mb/sec raw read in SysInfo, depending on partition I test. Great!
So you can use TF536 with a GVP SCSI card? Were you using it before the firmware update?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

matt020 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:07 am
So you can use TF536 with a GVP SCSI card? Were you using it before the firmware update?
I read it as he used The SCSI cable instead of dupont wires. Its not actually necessary to solder to the TF536 but i probably would if it was my first time doing this. When we program using XIlinx cables we just have the header in the jtag cable and wedge it in while we program.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF536”