RemApollo and Blizkick for TF1260

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

hardgb

RemApollo and Blizkick for TF1260

Post by hardgb »

Does anyone know what these two programs "RemApollo and BlizKick" really do to optimize the operation of the accelerator? Because the performance gain when using these two programs is remarkable. Would it be possible to make a similar program for the TF1260?
I'm a new user and forgive me if I asked a silly question.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RemApollo and Blizkick for TF1260

Post by alenppc »

hardgb wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:06 am Does anyone know what these two programs "RemApollo and BlizKick" really do to optimize the operation of the accelerator? Because the performance gain when using these two programs is remarkable. Would it be possible to make a similar program for the TF1260?
MuFastRom will do the same thing as Blizkick (basically copy ROM into fast ram) and it should be installed by default on your 1260.

No idea what RemApollo is however.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:05 am
hardgb wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:06 am Does anyone know what these two programs "RemApollo and BlizKick" really do to optimize the operation of the accelerator? Because the performance gain when using these two programs is remarkable. Would it be possible to make a similar program for the TF1260?
MuFastRom will do the same thing as Blizkick (basically copy ROM into fast ram) and it should be installed by default on your 1260.

No idea what RemApollo is however.
Indeed. There is no need to make these custom programs on systems with an MMU. They work by mapping ROM to fastram and thus letting the machine execute rom code much faster than it normally would. MMULib does this with mufastrom.

This has been available from the start with all TF cards that have an MMU as i've been collaborating with Thor on how to get this to work out of the box.

It may be necessary to do something if we eventually run out of MMU capable CPUs.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
hardgb

Post by hardgb »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:09 am
Indeed. There is no need to make these custom programs on systems with an MMU. They work by mapping ROM to fastram and thus letting the machine execute rom code much faster than it normally would. MMULib does this with mufastrom.

This has been available from the start with all TF cards that have an MMU as i've been collaborating with Thor on how to get this to work out of the box.

It may be necessary to do something if we eventually run out of MMU capable CPUs.
Thanks for the clarifications ;)

Return to “TF360”