News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Xilinx slew rate settings

Post by terriblefire »

All,

I'm tired, i'm cranky, i've just put 200 hours of development time in on the TF1260 firmware. When i see people pointing out that i'm an idiot for not setting the slew rates on the the TF cards and that this is the explanation for why their card does work it really makes me want to scream.

First of all the slew rate settings are global on the XC9500XL series. If you set them to fast its fast on every pin and this can cause mega issues on the CPU clock line on everything except the TF1260.

Second.. NONE of the tf cards have slew set to fast and there are 5000+ of them out there. They get tested to death before release and if it needed fast slew rate i'd have done the math and set it.

Third if changing the slew rates fixes an issue for you its indicative of crappy soldering. Something is capacitive.

I will just delete threads where people do stupid stuff like this out and its pushing me away from letting you have any of my code anymore. I get enough armchair idiots without this.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
ccapublic

Re: Xilinx slew rate settings

Post by ccapublic »

Hi Stephen,

This is my first post here. A few weeks ago I didn't even know some guy put together good and affordable accelarators something like 25+ years after the amiga died. I guess that among the 5000+ boards around, the vast majority of owners are more than happy, respectful and thankful for your hard work (whether perfect or not, this is just pointless here). Unfortunately success always comes with some drawbacks (yes this is cliché). This is not the first time, I heard, and I imagine how frustrating and deceiving it can be. Hopefully however I hope you won't let the vast minority of those always complaining or lacking tact eclipse the obvious success of your TF projects and your plans to somehow offer their design to the community.

I'm no one here, but you can't imagine how sparkling my eyes were when I heard about TFs. As far as I'm concerned, You did not build accelerators but time machines. I was a teen again for a while.

Wishing you and all others here a merry Christmas,

Cyril.

Return to “TF360”