News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

erique

Re: TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

Post by erique »

mart1nandersson wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 pm The version:
ehide.device 99.99 (2021-02-19)
Built on 19 Feb 2021 / 16:58:26
That's a really early proto-alpha driver - I'm surprised that made it out into the wild :shock: :oops:
In any case - case closed problem solved ;)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

erique wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:33 pm
mart1nandersson wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 pm The version:
ehide.device 99.99 (2021-02-19)
Built on 19 Feb 2021 / 16:58:26
That's a really early proto-alpha driver - I'm surprised that made it out into the wild :shock: :oops:
In any case - case closed problem solved ;)
Somebody must have been very very drunk..
2eeawu.png
2eeawu.png (225.35 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:37 pm
Somebody must have been very very drunk..

2eeawu.png
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

I am posting this purely in case it helps anyone else, and in no way is it a negative about the ehide driver.
It turns out that when I set up my new 3.2 setup a while ago I was using a slightly older version of pfs3aio, and I also had some high max transfer value set- I am not sure how that happened. The second partition of my cf card was also above 6gb which may be relevant.
There were however no issues on either the normal ide or on my other a1200 using the blizzard scsi kit.
When I started using the ehide however I would edit the user startup for example, save the file, only to find the file had then been corrupted.
Other stuff had been going on which obscured the cause and it was only with thomas' help on EAB that my crazy max transfer value came to light. It seems the scsi.device was more tolerant of my mistakes than the ehide.driver (again this is not a problem with the ehide, it was my error)
Updating pfs3aio and fixing my max transfer error seems to have sorted out the issue.
I would probably not have located this error easily as it all worked via the motherboard ide, so perhaps if someone else has a similar issue they can save themselves some time.
If not relevant then feel free to delete the post of course.
erique

Post by erique »

CrazyC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:37 pm crazy max transfer value
Any more details "how" crazy the value was? Or how to reproduce this issue?

IIRC "max transfer" should only limit the number of bytes (thus block/sectors) processed in a single transaction by the device driver.
And I've tested with fairly large values for "length" in the IO request field.

The only gotcha I can think of right now is if you somehow request a number of bytes that is not a multiple of the block/sector size (512b). In this case you'll get a short read/write, and the number of bytes processed will be less than the number of bytes requested.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Guys ... a reminder not to refer people to another forum for details about a problem you're having here. Post the details here so other people can benefit from it too. Thats the point of the forum (or use the other forum... either works).
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:53 pm Guys ... a reminder not to refer people to another forum for details about a problem you're having here. Post the details here so other people can benefit from it too. Thats the point of the forum (or use the other forum... either works).
Sorry - my bad. The problem was raised and solved elsewhere and I posted it here as a "for information" in case it could help anyone else. As there may be some further development here I will keep it all here now I am home and can check and upload stuff.

I have tried to PM erique twice but they just wont leave my outbox (I have been able to PM other on this site so am a little confused - am I now on the naughty step?) - erique if you are interested I can either share an image of the card with the issue or send you the card to see it first hand.

The offending max transfer was 0x00FFFFFF. The file I was amending was simply a relatively short user-startup file. Also happened with the main startup-sequence file. I attach the hddreport for reference
Attachments
hddreportcorruption.txt (1).txt
(13.58 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Return to “TF360”