OS 3.2 and TF1260 as the only IDE controller

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Feliksas

OS 3.2 and TF1260 as the only IDE controller

Post by Feliksas »

Greetings!
Got myself a TF1260, and I have patched my 3.2 ROM to include ehide.device v1.2 (and it works by itself - yes, I checked). But I've ran into an issue, that Amiga won't boot at all, if nothing is on the onboard IDE channel. This issue is described here https://alen.dreamhosters.com/tf1260.html
The recently released Amiga OS3.2 has a minor bug regarding the handling of the CPU cache at boot. The result is that if the TF1260 is plugged in without a hard drive/CF card present in the IDE port, the floppy boot screen animation never appears and the machine is permanently stuck on a black screen. The machine however boots normally when a HD/CF card is present.

A workaround for this bug has been implemented in the firmware of cards with serial numbers 2065 and above. Earlier cards can also be updated to avoid this.
I have this (board serial 68090) firmware installed, and looks like the workaround isn't there :( How can this be addressed?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: OS 3.2 and TF1260 as the only IDE controller

Post by terriblefire »

Feliksas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:46 am Greetings!
Got myself a TF1260, and I have patched my 3.2 ROM to include ehide.device v1.2 (and it works by itself - yes, I checked). But I've ran into an issue, that Amiga won't boot at all, if nothing is on the onboard IDE channel. This issue is described here https://alen.dreamhosters.com/tf1260.html
The recently released Amiga OS3.2 has a minor bug regarding the handling of the CPU cache at boot. The result is that if the TF1260 is plugged in without a hard drive/CF card present in the IDE port, the floppy boot screen animation never appears and the machine is permanently stuck on a black screen. The machine however boots normally when a HD/CF card is present.

A workaround for this bug has been implemented in the firmware of cards with serial numbers 2065 and above. Earlier cards can also be updated to avoid this.
I have this (board serial 68090) firmware installed, and looks like the workaround isn't there :( How can this be addressed?
Turned out that fix caused a lot of demos to break so it was reverted. I'm not sure how to solve the issue to keep everyone happy other. I was sure the updates to OS3.2 had fixed this?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Just tested my TF1260, but used ROM 3.2.2 with the new ehide device in the rom, no probs here boots fine on the TF1260 IDE port and with no card in the A1200 IDE, so just upgrade your ROM to ver3.2.2 and put ehide in it and then it should work
Feliksas

Post by Feliksas »

Turns out I was completely oblivious to the fact that the ROM that comes on the CD is actually not the latest one, now everything is swell! Thanks a lot for being patient with me

Return to “TF360”