TF330 NVram issue

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

wairnair

Re: TF330 NVram issue

Post by wairnair »

I am still very interested.

Also interested in a possible fix for the on/off switch intermittency.

I'll test on my CD32, got a raspi zero to do the update with. A bit hesitant though as it will be my first try.

keep up the great work
MickGyver

Post by MickGyver »

wairnair wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 pm I am still very interested.

Also interested in a possible fix for the on/off switch intermittency.

I'll test on my CD32, got a raspi zero to do the update with. A bit hesitant though as it will be my first try.

keep up the great work
Looking forward to these fixes also, can't use my TF330 as it stands now, luckily I still have my old trusty TF328.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

MickGyver wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:54 pm Looking forward to these fixes also, can't use my TF330 as it stands now, luckily I still have my old trusty TF328.
Fix is posted in this thread.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
MickGyver

Post by MickGyver »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:05 pm
MickGyver wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:54 pm Looking forward to these fixes also, can't use my TF330 as it stands now, luckily I still have my old trusty TF328.
Fix is posted in this thread.
I should have read more than the last post of this thread, thanks a lot! :)
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Hi,
Finally got me one MC68030RC50C and ive just installed it on the TF330. It really rocks with the cpu fastrom command !..
I upgraded the firmware to tf330r3_main_top.jed and jumpered "CDIS" and for now all seems to work... :-)

Simon the Sorcerer is a superb cd-game to test nv-ram with…..

Is there a way to disable the card through any jumper!?… It would be great to be able handle the nv-ram lock function without unplugging the CF everytime!..

Great job done here!... Thx!... :-)

/Mikael
wairnair

Post by wairnair »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:17 pm Try this one... I expect a slight speed slowdown...

tf330_2019_09_03_alpha.zip

EDIT: Speed hit isnt too rough... its more or less as it was before..

330_speed.JPG
I've flashed this firmware on my TF330 rev3 and I get green flashing power light & full green screen that goes out-of-sync periodically.
The board is from supaduper, has the TF logo
I followed this guide and apparently the programming went without errors. Also, I could successfully connect to the Xlinix FPGA before and after flashing it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uUiwCQ ... 2_Noh/view

Any advice please? I'd like to get NVRAM support and the boost feature for the TF330.

edit: I used a Raspberry Pi Zero for doing it, with everything on it updated. I used sysfsgpio_creator instead of sysfsgpio because sysfsgpio is no longer available. I've read about successful programming with sysfsgpio_creator so I did not hesitate about that.

edit 2: it's working! :) I think it was a contact issue - I cleaned the edge connector and TF330 board and could boot into WB no problem. Bit of a speed hit as expected, but nvram is back. Thanks supaduper for contacting me so quickly!
wairnair

Post by wairnair »

Smaug wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:46 pmI upgraded the firmware to tf330r3_main_top.jed and jumpered "CDIS" and for now all seems to work... :-)
I'm getting an empty list on nvram saves screen with rev3 board + firmware posted in this thread. Is it necessary to short CDIS? What does it do (too lazy to dig up the forum)? Any further speed hit?
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

wairnair wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:50 pm
Smaug wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:46 pmI upgraded the firmware to tf330r3_main_top.jed and jumpered "CDIS" and for now all seems to work... :-)
I'm getting an empty list on nvram saves screen with rev3 board + firmware posted in this thread. Is it necessary to short CDIS? What does it do (too lazy to dig up the forum)? Any further speed hit?
Yes to both questions, it disables cache.
wairnair

Post by wairnair »

alenppc wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 pm Yes to both questions, it disables cache.
Is it the same as the "disable CPU caches" checkbox in early startup?
There's one bit that's unclear for me. Sysinfo went down to ~8500 from ~9400, without CDIS shorted. By the way I do have MMUlib working, MMU is active.
Shorting CDIS will further decrease performance?

Thank you
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

wairnair wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:29 pm
alenppc wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 pm Yes to both questions, it disables cache.
Is it the same as the "disable CPU caches" checkbox in early startup?
There's one bit that's unclear for me. Sysinfo went down to ~8500 from ~9400, without CDIS shorted. By the way I do have MMUlib working, MMU is active.
Shorting CDIS will further decrease performance?

Thank you
Yes it does the same as disabling it via software but it does it via hardware so you don’t need to access the ESM. And yes, it will slow it down further.

Return to “TF330”