Cpu relocator problems

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Fonzie

Cpu relocator problems

Post by Fonzie »

Recently I have bee struggling with the CPU relocator in my Amiga 500, my tf530 works fine without it but dark grey screen with it plugged in, I resoldered all the pins and tested the resistances and all pins are good, I am at a loss, any ideas ?
Fonzie

Re: Cpu relocator problems

Post by Fonzie »

I ordered a new relocator board, I think some pads must be broken from inserting a product I bought which had the wrong size pins
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

It might be sockets or pins issue as well.
Do you have hires pictures of your relocator?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
Fonzie

Post by Fonzie »

I give up with this relocator, I have had problems for a while and was thinking it was my add-ons, but I now find everything works in the CPU socket, I will use anything dodgy via a separate socket in future to avoid damaging anything, they are not wire wrap pins on the dodgy add-on but are still a bit too big for the turned pin sockets, the pressure needed can easily cause damage to solder joints and pads especially with repeated insertion, I found one fractured solder joint and then resoldered everything, so the only thing left is the pads, to avoid wasting more time and as they are cheap enough I will just build a new extender

Return to “TF530”