Programming Software With Raspberry Pi

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

keithamiga1200

Programming Software With Raspberry Pi

Post by keithamiga1200 »

I saw one of Terrible Fire's Youtube videos where he was programming the TF530 CPLDs with a Rapberry Pi, and I was wondering what programming software is recommended, with using the Rapberry Pi solution?

I have read about people having problems using Xilinx software package, and fake rip-off Chinese programmers. I understand the principle of using the Pi, as an alternative programmer, but I know very little with regard to Windows OS programming software, so any basic advice or suggested links would be warmly welcome.

Thanks
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Programming Software With Raspberry Pi

Post by terriblefire »

xcsprog. It’s all detailed in the video and on the wiki.

The Chinese clones are brilliant If you read the instructions and use them once with ISE 10.1. About 200 quid cheaper than the official Xilinx programmers
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

I also did a howto with an downloadable Ras Pi 8gb image which has xc3sprog already installed and also there are downloadable text files with the commands so you can just copy an paste them into a terminal and program easily, just look in this thread all the info is there:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 8&start=10
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

In GitHub older boards WIKI you have detailed articles about using RPi to program cplds. Really easy to follow.
Eg.
https://github.com/terriblefire/tf328/w ... spberry-Pi
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

I think there is an issue where in the newest build, the cable device is changed, so you need to change the sysfsgpio to something like sysfsgpio_creator.

I would scrap that and use the Superduper download/guide.
oggie

Post by oggie »

PaulJ_2.0 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:33 pm I think there is an issue where in the newest build, the cable device is changed, so you need to change the sysfsgpio to something like sysfsgpio_creator.

Not sure what you mean, but I just finished building a t530 this week and I used the latest build along with a raspberry pi and the instructions in the wiki were perfect.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

oggie wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 am
PaulJ_2.0 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:33 pm I think there is an issue where in the newest build, the cable device is changed, so you need to change the sysfsgpio to something like sysfsgpio_creator.

Not sure what you mean, but I just finished building a t530 this week and I used the latest build along with a raspberry pi and the instructions in the wiki were perfect.
Recently xcsprog library changed cable names. So command line need to be a little bit changed. Instead of for example this:
sudo xc3sprog -c sysfsgpio

You need this
sudo xc3sprog -c sysfsgpio_creator
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “TF530”