TF1260 IDE weirdness

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1260 IDE weirdness

Post by alenppc »

hamsterbasher wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:20 pm Seller stated it was on 999 and updated cpuspeed has confirmed that. Reading through the alpha 1000 readme it mentions that IDE speed was improved so that may be worth a shot but originally, I was thinking of just re-flashing 999 on there to see if it makes any difference. Definitely a desperate measure but seller technical support has dried up as I think they are out of ideas and the idea of blowing $40+ to send the board back to them in Spain is not appealing right now. Long story but Spanish mail is cursed for me.
This is why it's always best to buy locally.

If you are in the UK you should buy your boards from Supaduper, if you are in North America from me ($10 shipping via UPS) and if you are in the EU, from John Hertell. We stand behind the products that we build.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

999 has better ide timings
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
lilwashu

Post by lilwashu »

If this seller name rhymes with "amoeba floor" you will get no joy out of them as they don't care about their customers. They sold me a Furia which wasn't made properly so ripped a pin off the 68K in my A600, and the only way to get a refund out of them was to claim with Paypal, which I suggest you do if you paid that way as you only need to prove it has been sent.
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

lilwashu wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:25 pm If this seller name rhymes with "amoeba floor" you will get no joy out of them as they don't care about their customers. They sold me a Furia which wasn't made properly so ripped a pin off the 68K in my A600, and the only way to get a refund out of them was to claim with Paypal, which I suggest you do if you paid that way as you only need to prove it has been sent.
So funny you say that as it does funnily enough rhyme with "Amoeba floor" and I was just thinking about the PayPal route. Good to know that a possible option to resolution and will now definitely be doing that now. Appreciate the help.
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

alenppc wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:43 pm This is why it's always best to buy locally.

If you are in the UK you should buy your boards from Supaduper, if you are in North America from me ($10 shipping via UPS) and if you are in the EU, from John Hertell. We stand behind the products that we build.
Well I logged a PayPal complaint and an hour later the seller magically emailed me and offered a full refund at their shipping cost so I will be going with that option. When that has been fully resolved and I have my money back I will be reaching out for a local sale instead. Lesson learn.

I want to thank everyone who tried to help on here, I really appreciate the assistance.

Hans
dempsey

Post by dempsey »

Have you tried a different SD card adapter? I had something similar or not exactly the same, but I could run stuff on the TF1260 IDE and things worked but then they just didn't! Disk errors were shown in workbench and it just seemed as though the SD card was becoming more and more corrupted. I got my TF1260 from SupaDuper and he also supplied a SD card adapter but I had been using the adapter which was already installed in a little 3d printed 'adapter' I had installed so I could pull the SD card out without opening the Amiga, long story short, I tried the SD card adapter that came with the TF1260... low and behold, all problems were gone after that, so maybe try another adapter.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Guys keep in mind that the TF1260 is not guaranteed to work in every scenario past 50Mhz. By all means look for reasons why and feed them back but don’t get annoyed with sellers etc if it doesn’t do everything at 100Mhz
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
hamsterbasher

Post by hamsterbasher »

dempsey wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:52 pm Have you tried a different SD card adapter? I had something similar or not exactly the same, but I could run stuff on the TF1260 IDE and things worked but then they just didn't! Disk errors were shown in workbench and it just seemed as though the SD card was becoming more and more corrupted. I got my TF1260 from SupaDuper and he also supplied a SD card adapter but I had been using the adapter which was already installed in a little 3d printed 'adapter' I had installed so I could pull the SD card out without opening the Amiga, long story short, I tried the SD card adapter that came with the TF1260... low and behold, all problems were gone after that, so maybe try another adapter.
Hi, Yes I tried multiple CF cards and three different adapters and all did the same. I even tried an SD adapter also which also showed the same issues.

I purchased a TF1230 recently from alenppc and that is working fine in the same 1200 with no IDE issues at all although I understand the timings are different between the cards so its not a good comparison. For example with the TF1260 IDE I was getting around 5-6 Mbps speeds and with the 1230 its closers to 3.5 Mbps, so slower but still much faster than stock IDE speeds. Still I think it does at least indicate that the issue was probably not with my 1200 as the seller was heavily hinting.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”