Sandord - progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sandord - progress

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:14 pm
sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm I didn't want to cover the board title (it'd read "TF Remake" otherwise) so I decided to stretch the switch legs and solder it on the board directly.
Actually, that worked just fine :D I made sure there was enough solder flowing through the holes because the legs didn't stick through far enough.

IMG_20181110_155032.jpg
Nice mounting, I was more concerned with functionality and speed of implementation. I pretty much knew that board was not going to fit in a standard Atari case and would a need something custom and unique. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The board has so many daughter cards/un-f*ck cards I thing it going to need some zoning laws to limit the stack height of daughter card stacks in the more critical areas of the board... :-P :-P :-P
Yes very elegant solution sandord

I agree with PaulJ its becoming a bit daughter-board-tastic. Here it is with all the boards in place so far.

IMG_3255.png
IMG_3255.png (867.88 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
sandord

Post by sandord »

Icky wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:44 pm I agree with PaulJ its becoming a bit daughter-board-tastic. Here it is with all the boards in place so far.
IMG_3255.png
:shock: My PCB order is still in the mail, so things will start to look very differently once I'll be building them up. The STF Remake is going Manhattan style ;)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

sandord wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm
Icky wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:44 pm I agree with PaulJ its becoming a bit daughter-board-tastic. Here it is with all the boards in place so far.
IMG_3255.png
:shock: My PCB order is still in the mail, so things will start to look very differently once I'll be building them up. The STF Remake is going Manhattan style ;)
There is also the video board with the Falcon DAC that Exxos is working on too. That will be in front of those Un-f*ck boards in the pic.

Its almost like that whole mid section of the board is going to be one big daughterboard.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ya, I can't wait for a board with all the changes incorporated and will fit in an 1040 case. I can't keep building these custom box cases!
:yay2: :cheer: :yay2: :cheer: :yay2:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

And without all of you guys support and help, the project would still be a file on my PC..

:thanksyellow: :bravo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
sandord

Post by sandord »

exxos wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm And without all of you guys support and help, the project would still be a file on my PC..

Yes Exxoss, we love you! :thanksyellow: :yay: :yay2:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm And without all of you guys support and help, the project would still be a file on my PC..

I'm ready for a new board!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I agree, now mines nearly fixed, I need another one to break.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Yep - I'm up for BETA board
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:44 pm
PaulJ wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Nice mounting, I was more concerned with functionality and speed of implementation. I pretty much knew that board was not going to fit in a standard Atari case and would a need something custom and unique. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The board has so many daughter cards/un-f*ck cards I thing it going to need some zoning laws to limit the stack height of daughter card stacks in the more critical areas of the board... :-P :-P :-P
Yes very elegant solution sandord

I agree with PaulJ its becoming a bit daughter-board-tastic. Here it is with all the boards in place so far.

IMG_3255.png
I'm using the ultra satan 19 pin plug which is vertical in relation to the 19 pin board connector. Is the 1772 daughter card stretching beyond the connector to interfere with the ultra satan plug in connector?

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”