OpenDune with TF534

Our top picks of ST games!
agranlund

OpenDune with TF534

Post by agranlund »

I just found out about OpenDune and wanted to test it with the TF534 but it appears to only support Falcon and TT with 256-colour graphics.

So I spent an hour or so this evening adding in support for ST-Low resolution, and disabling the DMA sound for machines which don't have it.
It looks pretty good even with the colour reduction!
That's about the only credit I can take, all the other Atari stuff was already done by the OpenDune team :)
I'm thinking I should clean this up a bit and figure out how to make a pull request to get my small changes into the official version.

It appears to run ok on the TF534, at least the first tutorial level :lol:

I recon this could "easily" be made to run really fast on slower machines... but not by me though, I have enough projects as it is as still haven't gotten around to soldering up my TF536 :lol:

Anyone with a TF53x can grab my build from here if you want to give it a go.
http://www.happydaze.se/wp-content/uplo ... une_st.zip

I think that OpenDune perhaps only supports real midi output on Atari. I hooked it up to an emulated MT32 to get the music anyways.

You need a copy of the original DUNE2 for MS-DOS of course.
I believe you must have the multi-language version (english/french/german) but I'm really not sure. It didn't work with the English only version for me at least.
PhilC

Re: OpenDune with TF534

Post by PhilC »

Nice work. I spent hours playing that back in the day.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Trying to remember if it was that version or Dune 2000 that kept society safe from me for far too many weeks... :roll: :shrug:
jacolover

Post by jacolover »

So Dune II, which was an Amiga games, is available for the TT? I can run the game on my TT030? Where would I get a copy? Thanks!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Nice work @agranlund :thumbup:

Return to “GAME ZONE”