C-LAB MK1 CA401332-XXXXXX REVXXXX

Falcon 030 motherboards.
HigashiJun

C-LAB MK1 CA401332-XXXXXX REVXXXX

Post by HigashiJun »

Just my modest contribution to this thread.

Pictures of my C-LAB Falcon MK1 motherboard:

FalconMK1a.JPG
FalconMK1a.JPG (495.27 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
FalconMK1b.JPG
FalconMK1b.JPG (541.68 KiB) Viewed 2201 times

The DSP is overclocked to 50 Mhz and there was a heatsink attached to it.
Steve

Re: C-LAB MK1 CA401332-XXXXXX REVXXXX

Post by Steve »

Lovely clean & tidy board. Nice DSP overclock too! Make sure to keep the heatsink on. This means you should be able to playback AceTracker tunes at 44khz without any slow-down or stops (As long as you have an external DSP crystal selector to enable these clocks, otherwise you can do 50khz by default) There is also a version of Badmood which runs quicker for overclocked DSPs (fast & slow sync mode, explained in the builds.txt of Badmood)
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

Thanks Steve.

Cleaned the board a bit more yesterday and it's now shiny as it should be.

I will keep a heatsink for sure, but a smaller one which fits the DSP chip perfectly.

Also ordered from Exxos store a faster FPU and a fast ROM. More tweaks to come later...

Good to know for Badmood.
Steve

Post by Steve »

@HigashiJun Just so you know, putting a faster FPU in does not mean the speed will increase. You'd have to modify the motherboard to overclock the FPU. The FPU socket on the Falcon is very delicate so be careful swapping it (And remember, there is no point in swapping it unless you are going to modify the motherboard)
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

Steve wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:55 am @HigashiJun Just so you know, putting a faster FPU in does not mean the speed will increase. You'd have to modify the motherboard to overclock the FPU. The FPU socket on the Falcon is very delicate so be careful swapping it (And remember, there is no point in swapping it unless you are going to modify the motherboard)
Yes, I know the FPU is asynchronous in the Falcon and I plan to clock it up, hence the faster FPU from Exxos.

Return to “Falcon 030”