Musicgraph and Cubase

All information is slowing being ported from AMN over to this section for preservation.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Musicgraph and Cubase

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:10 am How many STs then? (It is a competition ;) )

:lol:
The official answer (according to my wife at least) is "too many" :lol:

To be honest I stopped counting the ST's (including the 1x Falcon, 2x Mega STs and 3x STE's) after I got past 30...and i somehow managed to buy a few more after that :oops:
I'm pretty sure I've not passed the 40 mark yet though! ;)

If I were to include the many various vintage PCs/laptops along with the couple of Psions, 2x Amigas, NC100, 3x BBCs (plus various second processors) I'd probably be pushing past 70 towards 80 8-)
I guess we are very similar in terms of numbers, but yours is more focused on the ST/STE/Falcon range, whereas mine is a wide range of 8/16 bitters focusing quite a bit on 8 bit machines I met during my formative years :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

Is it a draw then ?
JezC

Post by JezC »

HigashiJun wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:33 pm Is it a draw then ?
I still don't see it as a competition :D but I'd be happy to call it a draw or an honourable victory for @rubber_jonnie if he's happier that way ;)

I'm trying to stop buying actual retro computers for a bit (this year ideally) to give me more time to sort out some of the ones already purchased (and the @exxos/@Badwolf/@terriblefire etc. upgrades to go into them).

That also lets me focus on buying up any synths/samplers etc. that I want to complete my 'home studio' setup (well, Ok, it's really a collections of keyboards/synths/samplers & multi-track recorders the corner of the study :lol: :roll: )
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

JezC wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:14 pm
HigashiJun wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:33 pm Is it a draw then ?
I still don't see it as a competition :D but I'd be happy to call it a draw or an honourable victory for @rubber_jonnie if he's happier that way ;)

I'm trying to stop buying actual retro computers for a bit (this year ideally) to give me more time to sort out some of the ones already purchased (and the @exxos/@Badwolf/@terriblefire etc. upgrades to go into them).

That also lets me focus on buying up any synths/samplers etc. that I want to complete my 'home studio' setup (well, Ok, it's really a collections of keyboards/synths/samplers & multi-track recorders the corner of the study :lol: :roll: )
I think the honourable thing is to call it a draw, I was really only joking about it being a competition anyway :D

I'm kind of coming up to a bit of a bit of a computer buying hiatus myself, I have 3 lined up to collect soon (Archimedes, Atari 800XL and a TI 99/4a), but after that I really have only one more to specifically collect, and that is a TRS-80, but that is kind of where I may stop collecting and repairing for a bit, and start using more.

Like the idea of the multi track recorders BTW.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:11 pm I think the honourable thing is to call it a draw, I was really only joking about it being a competition anyway :D
I'll believe you! :lol: ;)
I'm kind of coming up to a bit of a bit of a computer buying hiatus myself, I have 3 lined up to collect soon (Archimedes, Atari 800XL and a TI 99/4a), but after that I really have only one more to specifically collect, and that is a TRS-80, but that is kind of where I may stop collecting and repairing for a bit, and start using more.
Well, no sooner do I state my intention that I go and buy another one (another Amiga 500 this time...it's really to help me fault-find the other one I have) <facepalm>
Like the idea of the multi track recorders BTW.
Well, I've got a Yamaha 4 track tape-based one (MT120s I think - which needs some belts replacing) but also a 4 track MiniDisc-based Yamaha MD4s as well as a pair of Yamaha direct to hard disc recorders (an AW2816 & an AW16G)...anybody would think I like the Yamaha kit... :D
HigashiJun

Post by HigashiJun »

:cheers:
cyberish

Post by cyberish »

Is Musicgraph copy protected? If not, could you share it somewhere, somehow?

Return to “ATARI MUSIC NETWORK”