Dell U2410F

All information relating to connecting your ST to a modern TV/monitor.
neilo40

Dell U2410F

Post by neilo40 »

Just wanted to share my experience with this display in case it's useful for anyone. I picked up a U2410F on ebay recently quite cheaply. It is 24", native 1080p resolution with a good selection of inputs. I think back in the day this would have been a pricey monitor. It has picture in picture, picture beside picture, nifty touch controls, DVI, VGA, component, HDMI, displayport etc. The only downside is that it is very heavy. I've got it on a stand from a modern 24" Dell and it just sinks right to the bottom

Anyway, it seems to handle 15KHz pretty well. Not stellar, but passable. It also handles the ~30KHz modes well too like Productivity and DBLPal and switches quite well between them.

With DBLPal and overscan I was able to get pretty close to 800x600 in workbench (744x564 to be exact) which is very nice indeed. There's a bit of banding but adjusting the sharpness and phase seems to help a bit.

It seems to handle PAL only and can't sync to NTSC so I had to update my WHDLoad startups which seems to defaut to NTSC

The only remaining issue is that I can't get SysInfo to start from workbench. It's fine to boot from floppy but from WB it seems to start up in NTSC (or at least that's how it seems - the monitor can't sync to it)

Here's a screenshot of it in action.
dell_U2410F.png
dell_U2410F.png (821.95 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
Steve

Re: Dell U2410F

Post by Steve »

Yeah they are great monitors, I have two of them. They handle custom frequencies very well. Buyer beware though, to get my second monitor I had to go through three in total. Kept arriving with bad/faulty back light. Unfortunately they are cathode tube and won't last much longer. I might look to see if I can LED mod the backlight panel one day.

Return to “DISPLAYS & CONVERTERS”