My summer project: A colour Stacy

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Darklord

Re: My summer project: A colour Stacy

Post by Darklord »

Oh, btw - any chance you could post the files for the 3D stuff you made up for your STacy?

They sure look like they could come in handy... :)
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
derkom

Post by derkom »

Oh of course. It's one of those things I was always going to do "at some point" and then of course that point never came. :lol:

Here's a zip file containing all the .stl files for the various brackets. I'd forgotten how many of these there are in there! :D
Attachments
derkom colour stacy project 3d files.zip
(510.9 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
derkom

Post by derkom »

And here are zip files containing the KiCad projects for the various PCBs.

Note that in the cases of both the 3d models and the PCBs, some of these are fairly specific to my project (although things like the CosmosEx bracket for example are more generic). And also of course I did not end up using the OSSC stuff, but perhaps it's still useful for someone.
Attachments
Stacy TOS door OSSC screen.zip
(20 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
TOS door RGB2HDMI controls.zip
(238.54 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Stacy TF536 relocator sbs board.zip
(368.99 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Thanks much! I'm sure at least some of these will come in handy
when I get around to my planned upgrade this summer.

Appreciated! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

derkom wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 pm Aaaaaand, I can't really believe I'm saying this, but... I think I'm done? For now at least.

The finished product...
IMG_20210511_233734 (1).jpg
I guess I'm a year late but I just saw this and have to comment.. that is incredibly cool!
Such an amazing job, that's a very nice machine you've built.
derkom

Post by derkom »

agranlund wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:04 pm I guess I'm a year late but I just saw this and have to comment.. that is incredibly cool!
Such an amazing job, that's a very nice machine you've built.
Hehe, thanks. Couldn't have done it without your TF536 firmware. ;)
Amigatorian

Post by Amigatorian »

I’m in the process of fitting in the colour LCD in my Stacy and after reading your modifications I decided to use the same lcd as you instead of 10.1 I originally got for it. I just have a question about how do you turn your LCD on? I got different board form my LCD which came with remote and it looks like I’ll have to press power on ever time I power up my Stacy, do you have to power on your LCD separately?
You did absolutely an amazing job with your Stacy and thank your for documenting all of that! Cheers!
derkom

Post by derkom »

Amigatorian wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:56 pm I just have a question about how do you turn your LCD on? I got different board form my LCD which came with remote and it looks like I’ll have to press power on ever time I power up my Stacy, do you have to power on your LCD separately?
The LVDS controller board I used turns on the panel on as soon as power is applied to the controller (and of course that power is coming from the picoPSU).

Given that it's just a 40€ investment, I'd suggest getting the same board if you're using that LCD, as it is known to work, and doesn't have the power-on issue. I am sure that you would very quickly tire of having to turn your screen on separately! :D

If you do get that board, be sure to tell them exactly which panel you've got, because they do need to customise the board and the cabling for that panel.
Amigatorian

Post by Amigatorian »

I just ordered the controller board! :) thank you very much!
Amigatorian

Post by Amigatorian »

Hi, I’ve been looking at RGB2HDMI mounted in ST and most signals are pulled from resistors by shifter, did you do the same for Stacey? Or should I purchase a stand-off for shifter with all signals out (except 2) for connecting RGB2HDMI but it’s designed for ST?
Do you also remember which RGB2HDMI option did you get (analog or 12bit extender)?

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”