STE 32MHz PLUG IN BOOSTER (again) 2021 variation

Help & information about the STE V1 series boosters.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STE 32MHz PLUG IN BOOSTER (again) 2021 variation

Post by rubber_jonnie »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:17 am
rubber_jonnie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:27 am Although you're doing Blitter on vs off at Hi Res, you may want to try it in Med Res as that is what the reference results are based on so you will have a better comparison against 'standard'.

Unless of course you only have access to Hi Res, in which case ignore me :)
Here they are:

blitter off:

Off.jpeg

and blitter on:

On.jpeg

Cheers.
:girldance:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
MegaSTEarian

Post by MegaSTEarian »

Three questions (haven't followed up on the whole thread, sorry):
- Has it been tested on MegaSTE?
- Are you planning to build some more as I see only one left?
- Do you plan to work something out that will boost the bus as well for 8MHz -if it makes sense that is.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

MegaSTEarian wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:36 am - Has it been tested on MegaSTE?
This gets asked every now and then. I doubt it will work because the MSTE already has a boost to 16Mhz. Some people in the past were being very adamant it will work, but I never heard back from them. But it was specifically designed for the STE anyway, not MSTE.
MegaSTEarian wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:36 am - Are you planning to build some more as I see only one left?
I started building some more up some weeks ago, but life in general is getting in the way of Atari projects so I do not have the time at the moment.
MegaSTEarian wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:36 am - Do you plan to work something out that will boost the bus as well for 8MHz -if it makes sense that is.
You are talking of a total redesign of the computer in that respect.There is already many posts about boosting the STFM to 16Mhz, but unfortunately there are too many problems and it is just not worth spending the time on fixing them all when there is no scope for improvement beyond that. The remake project aims to run at 32Mhz when the FPGA cores are done. There are already many posts about this been mentioned over the past couple of years. The FPGA cores are actually STE cores anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
MegaSTEarian

Post by MegaSTEarian »

exxos wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am You are talking of a total redesign of the computer in that respect.There is already many posts about boosting the STFM to 16Mhz, but unfortunately there are too many problems and it is just not worth spending the time on fixing them all when there is no scope for improvement beyond that. The remake project aims to run at 32Mhz when the FPGA cores are done. There is already many posts about this been mentioned over the past couple of years. The FPGA cores are actually STE cores anyway.

Thanks @exxos, so in essence the only way to get accelerated bus is via the ST-NG aka H5. Makes sense.
andresv

Post by andresv »

Hi there, any progress building those plugin booster boards? Any timeframe possible?

Thanks in advance!

Agv
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

andresv wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 am Hi there, any progress building those plugin booster boards? Any timeframe possible?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =90&t=2144
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “STE V1 SERIES 32MHz BOOSTER”