HDmenu game launcher

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HDmenu game launcher

Post by exxos »

TheNameOfTheGame wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:35 pm Can a moderator move the Christmas release 2.0.0 up to the first post please? I think many people are just grabbing that one. Thanks.
Might be an idea to put your version numbers in the zip filename as im confused already with there being multiple posts of the same zip file.. So you want all the zips removed but the one 2 posts up ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
krs

Post by krs »

Holy crap this sounds amazing! Can't wait to tinker with this. Thanks for the hard work creating it.
TheNameOfTheGame

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

exxos wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:38 pm
TheNameOfTheGame wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:35 pm Can a moderator move the Christmas release 2.0.0 up to the first post please? I think many people are just grabbing that one. Thanks.
Might be an idea to put your version numbers in the zip filename as im confused already with there being multiple posts of the same zip file.. So you want all the zips removed but the one 2 posts up ?
Yes, the release.zip from 12-23 is the latest 2.0.0. If you could move that up to the first post and maybe put 2.0.0 after it so people know and delete the rest. I'll put a version number on the release files going forward. Thanks, sorry for the trouble.
TheNameOfTheGame

krs wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:56 pm Holy crap this sounds amazing! Can't wait to tinker with this. Thanks for the hard work creating it.
Great, hope you enjoy using the launcher.
TheNameOfTheGame

New version 2.1.0. This release has the following changes/improvements:

1) Database parsing rewritten/optimized. Loading of CSV now up to 3 times faster.

2) Can now press <space bar> at boot to skip boot timeout counter.

3) Boot timeout can now be turned off altogether in the F2 Config menu with new boot timeout option "off"

4) Fixed bug for screenshot display routine checking byte 2 instead of byte 3 of the NEO file for the rez byte. This means any Med rez screenshots with the old rez flag position will no longer be displayed properly. Attached is a zip with corrected Med rez screenshots to replace the old ones with.

This change was needed since Hatari (development version) now allows screen dumps in NEO format which makes it very convenient to get new images for the launcher (Thanks Hatari dev team!). However, since the Hatari NEO screen dump correctly uses byte 3 for the rez flag, the hdmenu launcher needed fixing.

5) Other minor bug fixes.

medrez-updated.zip
(92.08 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
TheNameOfTheGame

New version 2.1.1 attached.

Fixed bug when changing from a category back to full list. Thanks to @Kroll for the bug report!
Paradroid901

Post by Paradroid901 »

Thanks for the great work on this project :-)

Just a quick bit of feedback, when I have upgraded to the latest version of HD Menu and run it for the first time I get the following message

Database Init - Please Wait!

CSV has wrong line endings

Press any key to exit

Have not change the parameters of my .csv file which was working fine on HD 2.0.0 any ideas

Cheers
Paradroid901

Post by Paradroid901 »

1st Division Manager E:\0-9\1STDIVM\RUNME.TOS
3D Construction Kit E:\0-9\3DCONKIT\3DKIT.PRG
3D Galax E:\0-9\3DGALAX\RUNME.TOS

Sample of my .csv file structure
Attachments
HDMENU.csv
(70.52 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
TheNameOfTheGame

Paradroid901 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:38 am 1st Division Manager E:\0-9\1STDIVM\RUNME.TOS
3D Construction Kit E:\0-9\3DCONKIT\3DKIT.PRG
3D Galax E:\0-9\3DGALAX\RUNME.TOS

Sample of my .csv file structure
Yes, part of the optimization of the CSV parsing is that the file requires Atari line endings (CRLF - same as windows endings). Converting from unix (LF) or mac (CR) line endings can be done in a text editor.

Thanks for bringing that up, forgot to mention it in the previous post.

So for others if you see the message at start:

Code: Select all

Database Init - Please Wait!

CSV has wrong line endings

Press any key to exit
Then you'll need to convert your HDMENU.CSV file to Atari line endings (or send me your file in PM and I will convert it for you). Converting from unix (LF) or mac (CR) line endings ony takes a moment and can be done in a text editor.
Some programs that can do the conversions:

Atari - QED editor
Windows - notepad++
Linux - "unix2dos HDMENU.CSV" from command prompt

If you don't see the above message at start, then your HDMENU.CSV file already has Atari line endings and you can disregard this.

I always try not to impose restrictions on users of the program, so apologies for the inconvience. If it too much of a bother for people, please lt me know. I can always add code in to account for other line endings but it would in-turn slow down the CSV parsing marginally.
TheNameOfTheGame

New version 2.1.2.

After thinking about it, only allowing Atari line endings kind of goes against the philosophy of not restricting users so I've changed it to allow both line endings now. Really no speed difference from the previous version which is nice.

So users can continue using their existing HDMENU.CSV files with no change and enjoy the speed increase by using the new version.

hdmenu-2.1.2-JAN242024.zip
(65.58 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”