Taking a break.

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taking a break.

Post by exxos »

I just thought I would post an quick update :)

While I am still trying to take a break, I'm only really replying to store related questions currently when they are brought to my attention. I know there are several threads which need my attention but I just do not have time to read them all or reply to them currently, sorry!. If I spend all day replying to them all, it kind of defeats the object of trying to take a break . I started back work about a week ago which is sucking up a lot of my time as well. I'm still trying to sort out store stock in the background but my hands are still killing me at the moment. I can just about do a few corrections while using voice recognition but that is by itself difficult to do currently. A couple weeks ago I could not even hold my cutlery without dropping it :roll:

I am doing a few other projects in the background but I have to try and limit my "PC time" as much as possible currently. I will try and reply to a couple of posts each week but that is all I can really do currently.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
mikro

Post by mikro »

Don't push it Chris. Even if your store would be stopped at one point, it's not end of the world. Your health has top priority.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

mikro wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:48 am Don't push it Chris. Even if your store would be stopped at one point, it's not end of the world. Your health has top priority.
Definitely agree with this.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

mikro wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:48 am Don't push it Chris. Even if your store would be stopped at one point, it's not end of the world. Your health has top priority.
+1 on that!
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Indeed, your health is paramount.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Indeed, my girlfriend runs my store. So I doubt it would come to closing shop.

I've taken today and tomorrow off, gone to my girlfriends flat and just watch TV and torment her cat etc.

I really want to get the server move done, but need a good week of sleep as no doubt something will break. So much to get done and frustrating when I'm limited to using a old android 4 tablet. At least it gets me on the forum and I can reply to some posts as a touchscreen is more forgiving than a keyboard.

Girlfriend is doing surveys and she got some samples of some odd powder . Supposed to increase your "well being" and reduce stress etc. She gave the samples to me and I took one yesterday. Geese ! Mostly I was feeling faint all day, which may or may not have been related. My heart rate is messed up now and I couldn't sleep last night as kept waking up due to major nightmares. I went to be at about 1am and got up at 4am. I've no idea what was in that sample, but its had the opposite effect to what was advertised ! :roll:

So back to basics tonight. Shot of vodka and sleeping tablets., so let's try again :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”