What you can and cannot post

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

What you can and cannot post

Post by exxos »

It has been brought to my attention, and indeed I have noticed the same myself that members may post some things on other forums / groups and not on here. Now I'm not trying to single anyone out, it is a more general observation than anything. That I think there is a bit of a misconception of what this forum is about and what can and cannot be posted.

I think the misconception is the "exxos forum" is geared only towards the "world of exxos". While of course I post a lot on various topics, and it is the official support portal to exxos products, this is not the only function of the forum. We are a community driven forum not a "exxos driven" forum.

For example, anyone can open a blog on pretty much anything which is relating to retro computing. The blogs are not just limited to "select members" or the moderators. While we are mostly Atari and Amiga based, this doesn't mean it's limited to those machines. If you want to post a repair blog about spectrums or games you enjoy playing, then start a blog and let others know! Similar with news in general. If there is some retro news which may be of interest to others, then by all means post about it here.

Overall, as long as you read the rules and don't go looking to start arguments or cause any sort of friction with other members, then within reason, almost anything goes overall. The only areas we try and avoid is things like world politics or religion and such topics which generally lead to arguments. This forum is for hobbies and should be a distraction from norms of worldly chaos and goings on.

Yes we did have posts about side effects of covid vaccines, that is fine as people can share experiences which will help others. But if you started for example telling people if they should or not get the vaccine, then that is not something that would be permitted. Similar with voting and government bashing etc. we don't want to know! Any such "sensitive" topics should probably not be posted about. If unsure, ask one of the moderator team. We are here to help and guide you.

Other random topics can be posted in the chat forum. It doesn't have to be limited to retro computing. I post random funny topics from time to time. You could start your own fishing blog in the chat forum if you wanted. Sometimes a break from retro into other goings on in the world can be a good thing!

So I hope this clears things up. If anyone wants to clarify anything, then just ask in this thread.

:cheers:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”