Locking own topics

Latest Atari related news.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Locking own topics

Post by exxos »

I've given registered users permission to lock their own topics in the members blogs forum. This is located in the hammer icon at the bottom of your post or clicking the lock topic box when creating a new topic. This will avoid the need to do multiple "reservation" posts as nobody other than the post author ( and moderators ) will be able to post replies.

I have also increased the post editing time to 10 days. I think people are unaware that we do not allow unlimited editing times on posts. It was 3 days previously. So "reserving" posts wouldn't actually hadn't worked anyway. There shouldn't be any need edit posts prior to 10 days. It's more than enough time to make corrections etc.

:cheers:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Locking own topics

Post by Icky »

And of course if you need help modifying a post after 10 days just like before with the 3 day limit. Feel free to contact one of the moderator team to discuss.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ah this is good, I ran into this problem myself :)
bigbloke

Post by bigbloke »

Ah guilty as charged! Sorry chief(s), I was not aware of these points, thanks for mentioning them. I will correct my rookie errors.

Update: I have locked my post/topic, but I can't unlock it for editing. It's probably me not understanding or doing something stupid. It also wouldn't let me delete my "reserved" posts! I come in here and make a right old mess in my first weeks! Sorry!
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

bigbloke wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:20 am Ah guilty as charged! Sorry chief(s), I was not aware of these points, thanks for mentioning them. I will correct my rookie errors.

Update: I have locked my post/topic, but I can't unlock it for editing. It's probably me not understanding or doing something stupid. It also wouldn't let me delete my "reserved" posts! I come in here and make a right old mess in my first weeks! Sorry!
I've deleted them for you :)
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
bigbloke

Post by bigbloke »

PhilC wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:33 am Ive deleted them for you :)
Thanks PhilC.

I'm still getting this message

exxoserror.PNG
exxoserror.PNG (13.82 KiB) Viewed 3661 times

if I try and unlock or add to my topic
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@bigbloke click on the hammer at the bottom of the page and select unlock topic
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
bigbloke

Post by bigbloke »

PhilC wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:47 am @bigbloke click on the hammer at the bottom of the page and select unlock topic
:( no hammer for me

exxoserror2.PNG
exxoserror2.PNG (21.76 KiB) Viewed 3652 times

Maybe that's a moderator function?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Topic is locked ? So you must have found it ? You need to click the down arrow for the menu..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS”