Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
ijor

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by ijor »

I can't read all the long thread at this time. But I just wanted to say, that even when this is not exactly my cup of tea, I think this is awesome work! Congratulations!
http://github.com/ijor/fx68k 68000 cycle exact FPGA core
FX CAST Cycle Accurate Atari ST core
http://pasti.fxatari.com
mikro

Post by mikro »

@agranlund you are on fire! Cool stuff. I've long wanted to add support for JAM plugins into mxPlay, now I have one more reason to do so.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Just keeping an eye on this in the background and would love to own one of these at some point after live slows down a little again.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

PhilC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm Just keeping an eye on this in the background and would love to own one of these at some point after live slows down a little again.
Same here for me...but probably many years away from that being an option... :roll:

I'll try and set up an original ST (or the Falcon) at the weekend to test the MIDI player...
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Oldskool wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:13 pm Ok now I understand why and how the ISA slots will filled up.
As the Raven is the biggest “songbird” it will sing many tunes.
Two of them slots are going to have soundcards in them :)
I think I need to make a Netusbee-on-isa-card to get all the things to fit.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

mikro wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:07 pm @agranlund you are on fire! Cool stuff. I've long wanted to add support for JAM plugins into mxPlay, now I have one more reason to do so.
Oh, mxplay does look pretty! Would it play nice with non-pcm stuff or does it not really care?
I’m not sure why I thought mxPlay required sound dma, I may have misread or kisunderstood something somewhere :)
Now I’m tempted to take a look at porting the plugin over to it.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

@mikro

Some slight surgery required, but... tada!

mxplay.jpg
mxplay.jpg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 254 times

That old-school GUI of Jam is quite charming but mxPlay looks and feels very nice indeed!

I did some quick and dirty hacks just to see if and how it would run on my FPU-less 68060 clone:
- changed the very small amount of FPU math in the GUI to integer math (*)
- SNDH plugin was 68030 only, hackery to make it work on other cpus.

(*) In the long run, I really need to port the full FPU-emulator from the Linux kernel.
It's slow of course, but for stuff that isn't really using the fpu that heavily or in speed critical parts it's fine.
And most of the times the programs refusing to start aren't using the fpu at all.
Or.. stop being so stubborn and buy a 68060 with FPU maybe :lol:
mikro

Post by mikro »

You *are* on fire!

Thinking that I'm unable to kick myself to switch to GitHub, fix some things and make a new release makes me feel very ashamed now.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute, I'm in. And yes, another reason for a new release on my side then. ;)
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

mikro wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm You *are* on fire!
Thinking that I'm unable to kick myself to switch to GitHub, fix some things and make a new release makes me feel very ashamed now.
If you have anything you'd like to contribute, I'm in. And yes, another reason for a new release on my side then. ;)
Thanks! My quick-and-dirty hackery is best buried alongside those ET cartridges but I will attempt something clean and send your way :)
Oldskool

Post by Oldskool »

Hi, Just saw that Picogus is available from this guy if you need one for your experiments:

https://jcm-1.com/product/picogus-v2/

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”