General Stuff(tm)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Stuff(tm)

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 pm I managed to get the proper ParcelFarce tracking number from the vendor. Apparently it's been delivered to a neighbour. *crosses fingers*
ParcelFarce is about right.....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:27 pm
stephen_usher wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:00 pm I managed to get the proper ParcelFarce tracking number from the vendor. Apparently it's been delivered to a neighbour. *crosses fingers*
ParcelFarce is about right.....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Same here. I'm very familiar with this situation.

Trivia: Has anyone noticed the list of things ParcelForce/Royal Mail will NOT insure you for in case of loss/damages?

(Theres not much left for the imagination here). :shock:
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Just got home... No ParcelFarce delivery card. So goodness knows where they tried to deliver the ~£500 worth parcel to or whose neighbour it arrived at.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm Just got home... No ParcelFarce delivery card. So goodness knows where they tried to deliver the ~£500 worth parcel to or whose neighbour it arrived at.
That's not good :(

I bought a Microvitec Cub once and the ParcelFarce driver dropped it on the floor from waist height. It still worked, but the frame was badly bent.
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Phew!

As I drove in from getting my food shopping this morning a neighbour caught me and told me that he had a large parcel for me... And it was what I was expecting.

So, the delivery person just hadn't bothered putting a card through the door.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:11 pm Phew!

As I drove in from getting my food shopping this morning a neighbour caught me and told me that he had a large parcel for me... And it was what I was expecting.

So, the delivery person just hadn't bothered putting a card through the door.
Nice of them not to card you!!!

Otherwise, woo hoo, result!

:dualthumbup: :cheer: :dualthumbup:

:girldance: :girldance: :girldance:
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I'm slowly getting back to designing a "virtual" hard disk interface for the Apricot machines.

I've got the Raspberry Pi Pico boards and I've ordered some SRAM for the data transfer cache and HCT CMOS chips to act as voltage bridges between the Pi Pico (3.3V) and the rest of the system, which is TTL.

What I need to find now is some DIP dual-port SRAM to act as the virtual WD1010 registers. I only need a relatively small number of bytes, so something small as 128 bytes would do. At the moment I can only find Reneas 1Kx8 chips, which are no-longer manufactured and about £20 each from Farnell. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a part which would do the trick, be still manufactured and hopefully cheaper than £20 a pop?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

On the other hand I could just add logic and use a cheaper, single ported SRAM.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Jolly retrobrighting weather... Da, da-da, daa-da-da-da.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:46 am Jolly retrobrighting weather... Da, da-da, daa-da-da-da.
It is indeed, but I need to find a big tub and get some more peroxide before I can give it a go. I left my Dragon top case just out in the sun last week, but it made no difference.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”