Look what Ive just nabbed off Ebay...

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Look what Ive just nabbed off Ebay...

Post by rubber_jonnie »

exxos wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:42 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:41 pm Couldn't I just ship them to you, and you do the rest :)

I can supply 3 complete servers I don't use any more :)
:chairsmack:
Hehehehe
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Still havent found the time to set up the monitor yet, but the collection story is interesting...

So I go round to the guy's house and he ushers me to the garage and there is the monitor; the ORIGINAL SINGLE monitor. It turns out, the seller was being a bit economical with the truth previously.

Quote: 'Just out of interest, if I was able to find another identical monitor would you be interested, are you able to collect it and how much would you wish to pay?'

Well, after some chat, it transpires that the winning bidder of the BBC bundle wanted the items shipped (this was a collection only auction, bear in mind) but was not fussed about the monitor, so asked if the seller would keep it. Miraculously, I had actually told the seller at the start that I was going to bid on the lot, but only wanted the monitor, so it all turned out really well, as he got back to me because of that.

The guy seemed quite interesting. In the garage, he had several older Macs, including a couple of Classics; one which he had gutted and turned the screen area of into a TFT CCTV security monitor for his home. :lol: There were also a few G4 Macs which seemed to be his thing and he also proudly showed me his twin processor water cooled G5 Mac in the corner.

Apparently, the BBC belonged to his father (who incidentally has about 4 more) which will eventually make it onto Ebay I guess. He had kept them for many years for his CNC machining business and never let them go. So as he is very elderly now, his son is selling them.

Damn, I hope when I'm a dribbling mess, I don't see my Falcon get snatched by some raggamuffin that my son has sold it to on Ebay. :lol:
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Not much action at the car boot sale this weekend, but Ebay has come up trumps for Amiga pheripherals:

A MIDI interface with leads:

s-l1603.jpg
s-l1603.jpg (347.87 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

A HAM-E 24bpp frame buffer device with RGB output:

s-l1602.jpg
s-l1602.jpg (246.72 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

and lastly, a tablet with accessories:

s-l1601.jpg
s-l1601.jpg (365.12 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (278.34 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

All the above bagged for the sum of £14.99!

The only fly in the ointment, is that they may not work (untested, apparently).

I will give you the final verdict when I get hold of this lovely bundle. :)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

:dualthumbup:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Nice, for that price you can't argue :)
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Nothing exciting really; no bargain find or anything, but I am looking forward to getting this nonetheless:

specPSU.JPG
specPSU.JPG (111.03 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

Ever since Abbaye de Morts came out, I've been watching the Spectrum game scene and there has been some real corkers over the last few years.

So for reference, I got my 128k toastrack from a car boot near Guildford (A3/A5??) for £1 about 10 years ago. It didn't come with a PSU, so it laid dormant for a while in some cupboard.

I think I finally cranked it up about 4 years ago with a 48k PSU when I picked up a couple of those, so didn't really want to push it with the underpowered amperage Power unit. Just checked it ran and started loading a cassette successfully...that was it. I then turned it off and back to storage it went.

Sleeping for a long time, cosy in its storage box, until @rubber_jonnie came over to buy a machine that also lived in the same box. Since then, the box has been in a very accessible location under the desk, so I thought why not try it out.

I just have to PRAY that the guys I bought this PSU from have the polarity right. (Cool Novelties are generally quite switched on and do a good range of leads; I've purchased several for the ST and ones geared towards the separate RGBHV needed by PVM Sonys, so I trust them).

Let's see what happens when it arrives...I've already Tap2waved some games onto my phone :lol:
derkom

Post by derkom »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:33 pm I just have to PRAY that the guys I bought this PSU from have the polarity right.
In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, "trust, but verify".
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:33 pm
Sleeping for a long time, cosy in its storage box, until @rubber_jonnie came over to buy a machine that also lived in the same box. Since then, the box has been in a very accessible location under the desk, so I thought why not try it out.
I'm glad I was able to help awaken a sleeping giant :)

Coolnovelties are generally speaking good, I've never had a duff item from them, and I've bought a lot of cables over the years.

Nevertheless, measure twice, cut once.

Worth testing beforehand.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

I did post elsewhere, but I got this off eBay the other day:

Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 23.37.24.png
Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 23.37.24.png (2.57 MiB) Viewed 969 times

Can't wait to give my MSX a proper test out.

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”