I might be a bit quiet...

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

I might be a bit quiet...

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Ok, so in just over 6 weeks time, providing everything goes to plan, our house will be sold, and we'll be going to live in rented accommodation until such time as our new house is finished, which will be likely another 6 to 8 weeks after that.

Whilst I will be on the forum and will continue my mod duties, I won't have access to any of my of my retro stuff or a workshop, so I may go a little quiet on some of my ongoing projects.

Where I have stuff for ongoing projects, like my Mac Classic board and my 2nd H4/H5, they are going to stay boxed so that they don't get damaged when they get packed up and go into storage. Similar with other projects.

Other smaller stuff will get carried on with, but I will definitely not be doing as much as usual for a while.

I will be back though!

Hopefully once I have my new office and workshop I might even get to doing some videos too :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I might be a bit quiet...

Post by exxos »

Hope things go well :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:09 am Hopefully once I have my new office and workshop I might even get to doing some videos too :)
Excellent! Good luck with the move. Its not an easy thing!
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Good luck with the move! Of course you won't be fully moved in until the last box of retro gear is unpacked. :-)
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@stephen_usher On that basis I'm not properly moved in...even after more than 10 years!
:lol: :roll:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Thanks for the support everybody, much appreciated.

If only we could get the damn solicitors at the other end to pull their fingers out rather then finding old documents that we have never had that they want to see!!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

stephen_usher wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:41 pm Good luck with the move! Of course you won't be fully moved in until the last box of retro gear is unpacked. :-)
They are going to be unpacked PDQ!
Steve

Post by Steve »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks for the support everybody, much appreciated.

If only we could get the damn solicitors at the other end to pull their fingers out rather then finding old documents that we have never had that they want to see!!
They have to justify their existence some way or another ;D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:57 pm
stephen_usher wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:41 pm Good luck with the move! Of course you won't be fully moved in until the last box of retro gear is unpacked. :-)
They are going to be unpacked PDQ!
Most of my stuff is packed away also.. having house viewings from next week :(
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Steve wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:12 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks for the support everybody, much appreciated.

They have to justify their existence some way or another ;D
Quite :(

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”